By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Spiritual Warfare: A christian action RPG for Sega Genesis.

Tagged games:

Spiritual Warfare for Sega Genesis.

Very cool game. 10 66.67%

Terrible game. 5 33.33%

Total:15
pastro243 said:
Esiar said:
I watched about 7 minutes of your video, and it looks charming. I'm kind of surprised there's not much of a market for Christian games like there is for Christian movies, since the Bible is full of interesting scenarios.

I think it has to do with the gaming medium being seen as "gta" and shooting in general by older people, especially if they are too conservative. I think that would explain why there isn't a big market for christian games 

Back in the day, yes. Which was a mistake. They should have explored those themes, they are pretty interesting. Like the life of David, the wars of Israel, or the travels of Paul. Or even the church persecution in Acts of the Apostles. Sure, it is gruesome and violent, but World War games are also violent, or Contra and stuff.

Nowdays a christian game would be considered "hateful" by the SJWs. It would be banned and bad mouthed in every media... On second thought, that is perfect, people love forbidden stuff. Someone should do it.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
What makes it a Christian game.

Jesus.

Hunting Season is done...

COKTOE said:
pbroy said:
American Dad - Rapture's Delight

Those American Dad Christmas episodes were amazing. It was maybe my favorite show, but I haven't seen it in more than 2 years becasuse none of the cable providers in my city broacast TBS. I'll have to buy the BR's some day.

I will watch it. Seth Macfarlane says he hates christianity with all his heart, I do not understand why, but sometimes it shows a little bit in his work. 

Of the Hollywood purposelly blasphemous versions of the end of times I like THIS IS THE END from Seth Rogen.

It was really surprising to me how they actually used some of the christian doctrine and Bible verses in the plot. Some concepts are foreign, like, going to heaven by being good, which is nowhere to be found in the Bible, but the movie is really good.

I know people that were born in christian families would think it is too offensive, but to a ex-atheist and converted late in life like me, it is a awesome movie.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Zoombael said:
jason1637 said:
What makes it a Christian game.

Jesus.

I agree, also a christian movie.

If you have courage of mentioning Jesus Christ in your product, not to slander Him or to mock Him, but acknowledging that He is God, and the Son of God, and the Only way to God, you got yourself a christian movie/game/song/whatever.

Some feelgood spiritual so-called christian movies and songs shy away from His name and that I do not like. If you are a unbeliever, fine, do whatever, but if you intend to be a christian piece of media, better dive deep.

I remember really wanting this game as a kid, just because the cover and title seemed cool. Plus screenshots made it look like one of those RPGs that I was never allowed to get for some reason.

Around the Network
arcaneguyver said:
I remember really wanting this game as a kid, just because the cover and title seemed cool. Plus screenshots made it look like one of those RPGs that I was never allowed to get for some reason.

I played for 3h and half yesterday. It is surprisingly addicting. Not glitchy, well made, cool mechanics, super hard bosses. It is not like a Wisdom Tree game at all.

I don´t know if we are allowed to talk about Emulation in this Forum, but... you know... this game is not avaliable anywhere, so maybe it is not illegal.

WagnerPaiva said:
BasilZero said:

There have been some.

Its just most of them have nothing to do with the bible or make a non-canon story that has nothing to do with the bible (i.e. El Shaddai).

Its like expecting a good video game movie l0l

I agree, most devs are scared of following scripture, specially nowdays with the SJWs screaming bloody murder to each and every mention of God in any media.

There was a Left Behind RTS game for PC but GOG and STEAM refuse to carry it because it is "offensive". I looked for it everywhere but no luck.

I would like to participate in a Bible Game kickstarter. Nothing fancy, could be a modern version of Spiritual Warfare, the game is really fun, but it gets crazy hard around the third Boss.

That's the narrow path.

Can't wait for The Zelder Scrolls 3: Breath of The Wild Hunt!

Esiar said:
WagnerPaiva said:

I agree, most devs are scared of following scripture, specially nowdays with the SJWs screaming bloody murder to each and every mention of God in any media.

There was a Left Behind RTS game for PC but GOG and STEAM refuse to carry it because it is "offensive". I looked for it everywhere but no luck.

I would like to participate in a Bible Game kickstarter. Nothing fancy, could be a modern version of Spiritual Warfare, the game is really fun, but it gets crazy hard around the third Boss.

That's the narrow path.