By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Spiritual Warfare: A christian action RPG for Sega Genesis.

Tagged games:

Spiritual Warfare for Sega Genesis.

Very cool game. 10 66.67%

Terrible game. 5 33.33%

Total:15
KLAMarine said:
It only makes sense it would be on the Genesis.

Wouldn't be surprised if that's why they ported it there.

Can't wait for The Zelder Scrolls 3: Breath of The Wild Hunt!

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Esiar said:
I watched about 7 minutes of your video, and it looks charming. I'm kind of surprised there's not much of a market for Christian games like there is for Christian movies, since the Bible is full of interesting scenarios.

There have been some.

Its just most of them have nothing to do with the bible or make a non-canon story that has nothing to do with the bible (i.e. El Shaddai).

Its like expecting a good video game movie l0l

I agree, most devs are scared of following scripture, specially nowdays with the SJWs screaming bloody murder to each and every mention of God in any media.

There was a Left Behind RTS game for PC but GOG and STEAM refuse to carry it because it is "offensive". I looked for it everywhere but no luck.

I would like to participate in a Bible Game kickstarter. Nothing fancy, could be a modern version of Spiritual Warfare, the game is really fun, but it gets crazy hard around the third Boss.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

WagnerPaiva said:
BasilZero said:

There have been some.

Its just most of them have nothing to do with the bible or make a non-canon story that has nothing to do with the bible (i.e. El Shaddai).

Its like expecting a good video game movie l0l

I agree, most devs are scared of following scripture, specially nowdays with the SJWs screaming bloody murder to each and every mention of God in any media.

There was a Left Behind RTS game for PC but GOG and STEAM refuse to carry it because it is "offensive". I looked for it everywhere but no luck.

I would like to participate in a Bible Game kickstarter. Nothing fancy, could be a modern version of Spiritual Warfare, the game is really fun, but it gets crazy hard around the third Boss.

I think the show American Dad took it to the next level.  When they actually do battle heaven and hell. That could be made into a videogame.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
WagnerPaiva said:
jason1637 said:
What makes it a Christian game.

You search for the armor of God from Ephesians 6, it is like the items from Zelda. You shoot "fruits of the spirit", and, instead of dying, the enemies convert into believers =) Also, you gains points of faith by answering correct answers from the Bible from angels that appear. It is like the coins in Zelda.

The Simpsons actually parodied this game ages ago. I remembered the bit, looked it up, and the Wiki says it's based on Spiritual Warfare.
http://simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/Billy_Graham's_Bible_Blaster

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

pbroy said:
WagnerPaiva said:

I think the show Family Guy took it to the next level.  When they actually do battle heaven and hell. That could be made into a videogame.

Yes. There is also a South Park episode in which Kenny uses a Sony PSP to control armies of angels fighting agains the hordes of hellish demonic beings. I think the episode is BEST FRIENDS FOREVER.

That could be a game: a RTS of the final war in Heaven from the Book of Revelation. Awesome concept.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network

American Dad - Rapture's Delight

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Esiar said:
I watched about 7 minutes of your video, and it looks charming. I'm kind of surprised there's not much of a market for Christian games like there is for Christian movies, since the Bible is full of interesting scenarios.

I think it has to do with the gaming medium being seen as "gta" and shooting in general by older people, especially if they are too conservative. I think that would explain why there isn't a big market for christian games 

COKTOE said:
WagnerPaiva said:

You search for the armor of God from Ephesians 6, it is like the items from Zelda. You shoot "fruits of the spirit", and, instead of dying, the enemies convert into believers =) Also, you gains points of faith by answering correct answers from the Bible from angels that appear. It is like the coins in Zelda.

The Simpsons actually parodied this game ages ago. I remembered the bit, looked it up, and the Wiki says it's based on Spiritual Warfare.

Lol. The angel that hands you the first weapon on the Spiritual Warfare says it is a fruit of the spirit. I guess it was the simplest way to turn the Zelda mechanics into a christian concept. I miss when Simpsons where not afraid of using christian themes in their episodes. My favorite one is when Bart sells his soul for 5 bucks.

pbroy said:
American Dad - Rapture's Delight

Those American Dad Christmas episodes were amazing. It was maybe my favorite show, but I haven't seen it in more than 2 years becasuse none of the cable providers in my city broacast TBS. I'll have to buy the BR's some day.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

WagnerPaiva said:
COKTOE said:

Lol. The angel that hands you the first weapon on the Spiritual Warfare says it is a fruit of the spirit. I guess it was the simplest way to turn the Zelda mechanics into a christian concept. I miss when Simpsons where not afraid of using christian themes in their episodes. My favorite one is when Bart sells his soul for 5 bucks.

That was a classic episode. I loved when Chief Wiggum was trying to talk down the ranting hobo. "Who's been stealing your thoughts?"