By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Run requires constant internet connection

I think that's the norm for cell phone games so nothing on Nintendo, but I personally hate it when I'm at someplace where I don't have signal

Around the Network

a lot of mobile games require internet connection, i don't understand why this one does but if i had to guess.. Lizard People

2018 Hit List: Shadow of the Colossus, Detroit, Dreams, Spider-Man, God Of War, Days Gone, Medievil, Tomb Raider 3, RDR2 

I don't imagine it'll bother many people (I doubt the majority will even notice), but I don't really understand why that's so common among mobile games. Does it have something to do with Apple?

It's an endless runner for casuals. I doubt they will notice or care.

Ka-pi96 said:
Is that normal for mobile games? I don`t know (nor particularly care) but even if not... meh, it`s just a mobile game.

It's not normal, though there are games that require it...endless runners are not the type of games that need it though.

Funny thing is, this is move to counter piracy, yet it will only increase number of pirated copies.

Around the Network

And people say Nintendo can't do online very well.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

pokoko said:
This should be interesting.

No it won't. After all this isn't Microsoft. When Nintendo does aggressive DRM it's the right thing to do.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

standard for a mobile game. thats why i dont play mobile games cos if im gaming on my ohone it means i have no internet

Eh, I thought this was very strange at first.
I don't game on Mobile so i had no idea that is now common. I guess for DRM reasons. .

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

VGPolyglot said:
Jranation said:
Not a surprise

How did this not surprise you?

- lots of Smartphone games requires it now (and they don't waste a lot too)

- Miitomo and Pokemon Go needed it on soooooo...... I expect FE and AC mob game to do the same. 

Pocky Lover Boy!