By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - November 2016 NPD Thread! Hardware estimates in the OP!

Insidb said:
SWORDF1SH said:

I am annoyed by the lack of common sense. You got me.

But that LMAO was genuine. How can anybody claim doom with one NPD which covers only the US. I find it extremely funny. Do you make these claims everytime a NPD is down YoY? Jan '15 NPD , PS4 down 30%, consoles doomed. Sept '15 NPD, PS4 down 210k, consoles doomed. 

And I have answered your question about Pro, multiple times. Pro increased sales worldwide, PS4 had its best Black Friday week Worldwide ever in the history of Playstation and sold over 50M to consumers and on its way to selling more than last year.

You obviously want to concentrate on one market and one month to help you squash all those puzzle pieces together to make you picture. 

Don't bother, man: just file this under "console warz" or "cherry-picking to the max."

I have given up. I never known anybody predict the end of consoles on one NPD. I told him why I think it's not the end of consoles but apparently he only wants me to use US NPD numbers to prove it isn't... Like wtf! Lmao! 

O and according to him if you say lmao you are really mad and angry. I guess this guy is full of presumptions. Lmao!

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
Aura7541 said:

Obviously, since I did say late November... Point being, there is a precedent where Sony announces sold-through numbers approximately a month before the end of the year. It is not reasonable to assume that Sony announced the 50 million sold-through milestone about a month before this year ends because the PS4 is down YOY and Sony is damage controlling.

But why mention having the best BF? If they were up from last year saying they had the best Nov would have been better. 

Because BF week is more important than the whole November for sales that's why, is that so hard to understand? Lmao 

PS4 will be fine just wait until they announce 55M sold by Ces next month. 

jason1637 said:
Aura7541 said:

Here's the late November 2015 PR and here's the end of 2015 PR. Also, Sony didn't say the PS4 was up YOY when they released its late November 2015 PR, but it was up YOY over 2014.

My advice to you is to abstain from looking into things way too much. Just wait for all the numbers to come in and then access the situation. Yeah, I know. We are all eager for the numbers, but we need to be patient.

The Nov PR was 30.2m as of Nov 22 so the month was not over yet. I'm just saying yo investors saying it was up from last year durung WW would be a great thing. Its weird they focused on BF being up but nothig about the month as a whole.

All you have been saying was thst. Sony not announcing being up YOY means they were down when they announced their 50M milestone. 

You were told sony has a history for doing that, announcing numbers and not citing if they were down or up around November and again in January. 

You asked for proof and were given proof.

then you say they announced the numbers before November ended, and was again shown that they did the same this year too, announce the numbers "after" BF but before the end of November. Still you are still citing foul play.

Idk, but it really looks like you want to be right even though all the evidence suggests you are wrong. 

Mind you, this isn't saying that it's not possible they are down YOY, personally I think they may be. But this is saying there isn't any evidence that confirms that but rather their is evidence that suggests only is just doing what they have been doing consistently this gen so far. 

jason1637 said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

These are the numbers everyone is accepting now as the most likely result.

Ok. The software line up this year is very weak compared to last year. The only game that performed well compared to other games in it series was BF1. Software sells hardware, and the software this year just wasn't strong enough to sell as much or more hardware than last year.

Pokemon did well. The "other games" only had 1 game prior, majority sold because of the hype in their 1 game.

iNathan said:
jason1637 said:

But why mention having the best BF? If they were up from last year saying they had the best Nov would have been better. 

Because BF week is more important than the whole November for sales that's why, is that so hard to understand? Lmao 

PS4 will be fine just wait until they announce 55M sold by Ces next month. 

Lol 1 week of sales is more important than a month of sales? Seriously do you actually believe that? The whole month of sales would have been better if they were up YOY because PS4Pro and that last years November was the best they have had in years, and the best Nov for the PS4 .

Swordmasterman said:
jason1637 said:

Ok. The software line up this year is very weak compared to last year. The only game that performed well compared to other games in it series was BF1. Software sells hardware, and the software this year just wasn't strong enough to sell as much or more hardware than last year.

Pokemon did well. The "other games" only had 1 game prior, majority sold because of the hype in their 1 game.

Was speaking mostly about PS4/XO/WU since 3DS is already up YOY.

Around the Network
Aura7541 said:
jason1637 said:

Link to the PR for the late november numbers pls. 50m is nice but if they were up for Nov WW they would have said so.

Here's the late November 2015 PR and here's the end of 2015 PR. Also, Sony didn't say the PS4 was up YOY when they released its late November 2015 PR, but it was up YOY over 2014.

My advice to you is to abstain from looking into things way too much. Just wait for all the numbers to come in and then access the situation. Yeah, I know. We are all eager for the numbers, but we need to be patient.

+1. 

You said it Daddy!

Preach brother! 

Testify! 

Haha stupid Simpsons quote ^

But seriously though,  couldn't have said it better.  

SWORDF1SH said:
Insidb said:

Don't bother, man: just file this under "console warz" or "cherry-picking to the max."

I have given up. I never known anybody predict the end of consoles on one NPD. I told him why I think it's not the end of consoles but apparently he only wants me to use US NPD numbers to prove it isn't... Like wtf! Lmao! 

O and according to him if you say lmao you are really mad and angry. I guess this guy is full of presumptions. Lmao!

Whoa, why are you so mad and angry?

LMAO!

So wait, just the retail versions of Pokemon Sun/moon outsold Infinite Warfare retail + digital?
Because they seemed to only counted the retail sales for Pokemon while they counted both for cod.

TheGamer95 said:
So wait, just the retail versions of Pokemon Sun/moon outsold Infinite Warfare retail + digital?
Because they seemed to only counted the retail sales for Pokemon while they counted both for cod.

The list goes by revenue instead of sales.

Insidb said:
SWORDF1SH said:

Whoa, why are you so mad and angry?

LMAO!

LMAO! I'm mad because insipid replied to my post. It's ruined my day.

LMAO! Why you mad Bro? LMAO!