By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Spring Update Has Begun!

Thats right live is out to 2pm GMT. Anyone else offline now as well?

Around the Network

So they are updating right now? Like a Dashboard update/new features?

I just tried to sign in and couldn't get online.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

smbu2000 said:
So they are updating right now? Like a Dashboard update/new features?

I just tried to sign in and couldn't get online.

yep, no live for 4 hours!

what's the update?

There hasn't been any rumours about possible features like those that normally precede an update, which makes me think this is just routine maintenance, rather than the Spring update.

Of course, it's possible hardly anything is being added.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

Seems more like routine maintenance than an update to be honest.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions

I reckon it's an infrastructure upgrade to cope with increased traffic from GTA4 multiplayer and poss netflix/iptv stuff.

So I guess it is only maintenance and nothing more. 

http://kotaku.com/374387/xbox-live-downtime-tomorrow-dont-get-excited

Microsoft send word that tomorrow, April 1, will see Xbox Live down for maintenance between the hours of 0200-0500 Pacific Time. Anyone hoping for some kind of April Fool's Day surprise like an XBL update from Microsoft should do less hoping and more facing reality, as the downtime's for server maintenance, which means "there are no new features...that will appear on your Xbox 360 console or Xbox.com when the service comes back online".
Reminder: Xbox Live Maintenance on Tuesday April 1 [Microsoft]

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

these updates tend to veer near the end of a season not the beggining..

Note: Some games in my collection are no longer owned, but have owned.

GMT is Grenwich mean time right?

well if thats the case, then I was sleeping during the update!! Eastern Standard time FTW!!