By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Splatoon outsells Halo. CoD(AW) next? Nintendo to retake the shooter crown?

Wyrdness said:
Barkley said:

Alright mate, sure! xD

Splatoon Digital Ratio > Halo 5 Digital Ratio! NICE.

Even though the WiiU only comes with an 8gb/32gb HDD and Nintendo's store is hardly as prevalent as Xbox Live.

H5 was at 5m shipped to which according to VGC 4.36m was sold while Splatoon is 5.26m sold both at retail.

Splatoon is 4.39m, the 5.26m in OP is CoD.

30k higher digital for H5 isn't a very demanding assumption.

Around the Network
Barkley said:

Misread that part but then that makes my point even more prevalent as Splatoon could easily sell more than that 30k digital you're touting.

Wyrdness said:
Barkley said:

Misread that part but then that makes my point even more prevalent as Splatoon could easily sell more than that 30k digital you're touting.

And Halo 5 could easily sell more than 60k digital. You're making an assumption!

domino021 said:

For example, Frank O'Connor (343 guy), who said on NeoGAF that Halo 5 surppased 5 milion mark in February :) 

Do you have the link? I remeber something like that.. 

yeah so you have 30% digital sales for halo and 0% for splatoon..................

The next prob is that there a lot of bundles that not count.......

Around the Network
Barkley said:
Wyrdness said:

And Halo 5 could easily sell more than 60k digital. You're making an assumption!

Which proves my point to begin with about assumptions in why your post earliar was a bit flimsy hence why we can only look at the evidence in front of us which are the number because anyone can assume anything.

Wyrdness said:
Barkley said:

Which proves my point to begin with about assumptions in why your post earliar was a bit flimsy hence why we can only look at the evidence in front of us which are the number because anyone can assume anything.

People shouldn't need evidence that Halo 5 performed at least marginally better digitally than Splatoon. It should be obvious, it's perplexing that anyone can think otherwise. I guess hope can do that to people.

While an excellent achievement, the OP is simply wrong. Halo 5 sold 5 million copies as of June. By now, it would be closer to 6 million.

http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/427173/Halo+5+sold+5+million+copies+in+three+months/.

Barkley said:
Wyrdness said:

People shouldn't need evidence that Halo 5 performed at least marginally better digitally than Splatoon. It should be obvious, it's perplexing that anyone can think otherwise. I guess hope can do that to people.

There's no point telling them what you believe to be obvious. Show them, like the post above. They're just using data that they have available at the time. Which is more than fair.

ironmanDX said:
Barkley said:

There's no point telling them what you believe to be obvious. Show them, like the post above. They're just using data that they have available at the time. Which is more than fair.

I already posted the 5 million figure earlier. That didn't stop them. xD