Forums - PC Discussion - MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries announced for PC (The first single-player MechWarrior since 2002)

Piranha Games announced MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries. the first single-player MechWarrior game since MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries in 2002, at MechCon 2016. It is due out in 2018.

Basil's YouTube Channel

Around the Network

Posting here what I posted in the other MW thread =P:

Haven't played a Mech Warrior game in years, especially since over those years I was playing Amored Core more, but since Armored Core isn't around as much today this might fill that empty space for me.

Can't wait!!!

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                      Anime: Love Live
                              Nsfw Anime Thread                                                                             Join our Anime Threads!
                             Sfw Anime Thread                                                                                VGC Tutorial Thread

much rather would have a new GunGriffon

Ruler said:

Is it because it's a Japanese mech game?.

Around the Network

Man, that nostalgia. Either MW2 or MW 3 (can't remember which) was one of my first PC games. It was like playing in molasses on my old Pac Bell but I still had a blast.

Actually, I think that game was the reason I started reading the Robotech novels (Southern Cross books were the best).

This is the first time I heard of the series lol

Basil's YouTube Channel

Chazore said:
Ruler said:

Is it because it's a Japanese mech game?.

its because its better, compare mechwarrrior with gungriffon on the sega saturn

I swear there was a mechwarrior announced back for the 360. Whatever happened to that one?
No xbox one release for this one is a shame.....

Ruler said:

its because its better, compare mechwarrrior with gungriffon on the sega saturn

In your opinion though.

Also the MW series has lvied on within the Battletech universe, a franchise which is still alive and kicking to this day compared to GunGriffon.

Also the one you mentioned was made in Japan, that makes it a no brainer choice for you over the Western choice.