By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Last Guardian Length, Day 1 patch and Other Details

twintail said:
FIT_Gamer said:

Some Cons:

• Clunky controls

if it plays in a similar manner to ICO and SOTC then this is far from being a con.

Don't shoot the messenger. The player in the article reported it as con. Mainly that it wasn't responsive at times.

Around the Network
Screamapillar said:
Day one patch includes PS4 Pro support? Or no?

If I remember correctly they said Pro support would come in a later update.

Yesss!!! Have had it preordered, but I've had so many concerns and fears it would end up bad. So hoping this feedback is true and it ends up a masterpiece!

I just thought of the fact that Sony didn't release a PS4 remaster for ico and SoTC. What were they thinking?? SoTC, especially in 3D (one of, if not the, most stunning visual experiences I've ever had), was amazing. Seems like such a big missed opportunity to introduce new PS4 players to Ueda's talent. 

12-15 hours? That's awesome. About the cons, well, it's an ICO game, SotC suffered a bit in that sense. It's still a masterpiece. And, well, "SotC and ICO fans will love it". Yes to that.

JGarret said:
12-15 hours long is much more than what I expected (not complaining)

It´s almost poetic that FFXV and Last Guardian, two games that took so many years to come out , finally see the light of day so close to each other.

It's like 2001 when Ico and FFX released within a month of each other (if I remember correctly). Like you said, almost poetic.

Around the Network

Yea I will wait for a discount tyvm

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I'll wait til PS4 Pro support is patched in.

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

Screamapillar said:
I'll wait til PS4 Pro support is patched in.

I initially had the same thought, but I know as soon as my copy arrives Monday afternoon, I'll be playing it immediately. 

I think that there will be a legit generation gap between gamers who played Ico and SOTC and younger people who only play this game. This will lead to very different scores. Some will forgive that it plays like a old school game and others will condemn it for not being as responsive as a modern era game.

Kinda mad the controls are clunky after this decade of development time. I really care about gameplay over most things. Hopefully they can iron that out somehow.