By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which side are you on: Digital or Physical?

Physical or Digital?

Digital Display (Ready For The World) 66 22.22%

Let's Get Physical (Olivia Newton-John) 204 68.69%

All I Really Want Is To B... 27 9.09%

Total:297
Ka-pi96 said:
I`m on the side that`s cheapest, so physical.

Although if they`re the same price I`d go for physical too. So digital is cheaper or not at all.

I thought about this but it goes both ways. Sometimes digital has some big sales while retail games (especially Nintendo AAA titles) retain their value. A Sony Flash Sale is hard to resist.

Around the Network

If there is the option of getting a game I desire in a physical format (that's not overly complicated i. e. retro games) I always will go for that.

Movies and music on the other hand depend. Sometimes I'm up for a DVD/Blu-ray and a nice CD, other times streaming/downloading is easily sufficient.

Lyrics: He He He He Ha Ha Ha!                                                                  

I do physical because I can always resell the game for 75% of its value on Amazon.

Like I bought BF1 for like 50 bucks was not a big fan and sold it for well 48 dollars after fees and shipping.

Cant beat that !

Physical. I want to own what I buy indefinitely.

There's obvious plus-sides to digital and I'm not against streaming-services for whatever medium (because I'm not buying the movies I watch on Netflix for example), but with games how it is now it is basically a long-term rental until whomever distributes or publishes pulls the plug. I'm not in control.

That and physical is prettier, you actually have something.

2 big things I hate about digital:

1) Licensing Issues. There are some games now that you can't find on PSN/XBL anymore because of it and will forever be gone. (No more TMNT Turtles in Time remake, Marvel vs Capcom etc..)  You'd think with digital they'd be on there way longer than a physical game on shelf in a store, but not always the case.

2) I just don't care about my digital games even when I'm really trying to. I find it hard to care for a game when I can't physically see it. I've bought tons of digital games, games that I'm really excited for, on PSN and Steam. But I have trouble playing/finishing them because I don't physically see them I feel like I don't have this attachment to them.

Main reason I love physical is because I actually get to have it, I know I actually own it because I see it and I can do whatever I want with it (trade it, lend it, sell it, mainly display it etc..)

But when it comes to 'portable devices' I'm perfectly cool with digital because you're suppose to be on the go with a portable device so you don't want to carry alot of stuff (especially music of course). I still dont mind owning physical portable games (ie. 3DS/Vita)

One thing I do love about digital is PSN Flash Sale and Steam sales. Oh man I love those!

I still buy digital games when its cheap but recently it's also because I'm not too sure if I'll like it enough to have a physical copy that might not go well with my collection lol If it's good then ill end up buying the physical as well.

Around the Network

3ds- digital/physical

Console- physical

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

The server shutdown thing only concerns consoles because they're the only retards who think in generations and bind their games to specific hardware.
You can share Steam games with friends.
You can get a refund if a game sucks.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Digital. I only buy discs sometimes to support a local retailer or if it's significantly cheaper.

V-r0cK said:

1) Licensing Issues. There are some games now that you can't find on PSN/XBL anymore because of it and will forever be gone. (No more TMNT Turtles in Time remake, Marvel vs Capcom etc..)  You'd think with digital they'd be on there way longer than a physical game on shelf in a store, but not always the case.

I know certain content is removed from the store but if I delete them, they're still in my purchase history and I can download them again. Not sure what the criteria is, though. PT, for example is removed and if you lose it, it's gone forever. Double Dragon for Xbox 360 was removed but I can download it whenever I want.

I guess it would be a non issue if there was a physical release.

d21lewis said:
V-r0cK said:

I know certain content is removed from the store but if I delete them, they're still in my purchase history and I can download them again. Not sure what the criteria is, though. PT, for example is removed and if you lose it, it's gone forever. Double Dragon for Xbox 360 was removed but I can download it whenever I want.

I guess it would be a non issue if there was a physical release.

I guess it's more like if down the road I wanted to buy them but now I can't scenario.  If they at least made a physical copy then worst case you can ebay it.