By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How can I use my 360 gamertag on my newly purchased Xbox 1?

I can't seem to figure it out... can someone please tell me what to do?

Thanks!

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Around the Network

Hey I do not think that is possible. To use XBox 360 gamer tag on original XBox. Wait this is a April Fool's prank.

I'm not screwing around, I'm serious! So if you are going to respond, please have an answer that helps!

(Sorry, late night and I'm tired)

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

It's possible--you just recover a Gamertag like you would if you originally had said Gamertag on another original Xbox. I don't know if anything happens with your Gamerscore, though...

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

The only reason why I would think you want too is that your 360 got RRoD otherwise why?

Around the Network

Ya, I tried that. I don't have a registered credit card set up on a 360 though since the 360 I played on was a friends, so it doesn't seem to work. Can I enter my credit card online?

@sc94597: I bought a used Xbox and I don't own a 360 (I actually use my brother in laws 360 when I visit him)

Looks like everyone who's up this late has never actually tried it.. LOL... time for bed.

BTW the Xbox I purchased has one nasty sounding fan in it... should I take it back to EBGames or fix it myself and maybe install the XBMC dashboard to handle media? (I don't play copied games...)

It's not possible. Gamer tags only go from xox1 to 360, not the other way.

Also XBMC is a fantastic idea. If you can get a copy of Agent under fire and softmod your box it's well worth it.

Edit: Use XBMC360, it looks great