By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS2 games on PS4.

No, this is not about PS2 disc based games backards compatibility on the PS4 so don't get your hopes up.

Question about purchasing PS2 gaves via PSN for the PS4.  Were these games "remastetred" in widescreen (16:9 ratio)?  I know they've been upscales to 1080p and trophies were added.  But is there a widescreen option for PS2 games originally rendered in 4:3 ratio?

Around the Network

All the games I purchased have no widescreen option. they all have black borders on the side.

plip.plop said:
All the games I purchased have no widescreen option. they all have black borders on the side.

How about Primal?  I have the original PS2 version and there is a widescreen option.  That's assuming you've bought the game.

They are the exact same PS2 games from what I have seen not really remastered.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

TheBlackNaruto said:

GTA 3 is said to run slightly better, if I remember correctly, but I couldn't notice a difference. You are essentially, if not totally, correct. I also remember reading that San Andreas actually perfomed slightly worse.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network

They are emulated PS2 games in the proper/close-to-proper aspect ratio with added trophy support. While it is a very good emulator, it is by no means perfect. There are plenty of visual artifacts to be found as well some frustrating bugs (the most annoying I found was that Dark Cloud 2 would occasionally have a very significant input delay that would last until you restarted the game).

But on the other hand, Dark Cloud 2 now has trophy support, so you really don't need anything else in life anymore.

COKTOE said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

GTA 3 is said to run slightly better, if I remember correctly, but I couldn't notice a difference. You are essentially, if not totally, correct. I also remember reading that San Andreas actually perfomed slightly worse.

Fromt he one sI tried I was thinking it ran better on my original PS2.....so shile not BAD it is not the best either. But still glad to be able to play them on PS4.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

patronmacabre said:

They are emulated PS2 games in the proper/close-to-proper aspect ratio with added trophy support. While it is a very good emulator, it is by no means perfect. There are plenty of visual artifacts to be found as well some frustrating bugs (the most annoying I found was that Dark Cloud 2 would occasionally have a very significant input delay that would last until you restarted the game).

But on the other hand, Dark Cloud 2 now has trophy support, so you really don't need anything else in life anymore.

Ehhh... I just bought DC2 to replay on the PS4.  In fact, it's the only PS2 game on the PS4 I've bought so far.

they boot up quick on the ps pro, but honestly, they do not look better. I still like them though.
Only ones I bought so far are
Max Payne
The Warriors
Bully
Rogue Galaxy
Manhunt
Psychonauts
The Mark of Kri

My only experience is with Rogue Galaxy. But it keeps the same aspect ratio, but ups the resolution. I don't think it's 1080p, but it might be 960p.