By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best Buy, worst deal. What Should I Do?

So, I got a new TV for black friday.

I waited in line 5 hours. The one I wanted was a 50" uhd Toshiba for 200, but, about 15 people cut in with friends in line at the front, and the employees were just like, hey if they are in line it doesn't matter if they cut in. Manager said that.

So, I was like, ok. BeSt buy always does special extra discount on open box on black friday. I went in, saw a 55" Sammy curve for 650, said 350$ off. I was like, sweet deal. That's fine. I go up and ask if they did a special discount for bf on open box. Talked to the gm, told him everything about the line etc, hoping I could get another 10-20%. He said the discount is already included. 

I resign myself to the deal, buy it get home. Go to target the next day, and they're selling the same tv for 650 and a 70$ gift card on top. Confused I check online. Samsung itself is selling the tv for 699$.

So, I basically paid manufacturer price on bf, fr a tv they said was 300$ off, with no discount other than 40 something for open box, wasn't given anything for being cut in line, nothing was done.

This is pretty fucking shitty. Any advice on what to do?

I'm just going to return it and everything I've bought there in the last 2 weeks, otherwise.

Never shopping there again.

Around the Network

Return it and consider tweeting this story to their twitter account.

I know this isn't related to your experience, but honestly Best Buy is a crappy chain.
Yo Prof, have you ever heard the story of Best Buy's fake online store? They used it to mislead in-store customers of their online prices so they could gouge them lol.

https://consumerist.com/2007/03/02/best-buy-confirms-the-existence-of-its-secret-website/

#1 Amb-ass-ador

That Toshiba was hot trash, and you're lucky you didn't waste time with it. If you're looking for a budget 4K, grab an XBR55X700D.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Yea bestbuy is stupid. They have great deals on things once a while like they had with this HP laptop with a core i5 as the same price as a core i3 that other stores were selling. But for most other deals, those aren't actual "sales."

It is why I always shop online. I dont know if RedFlagDeals is available in the US but they generally take the sales of every site and present it to you so that way, if say a certain TV is on sale, you can check it out on that site. Shopbot and pricebat also does this but RedFlagDeals is really good with its prices although not quite as clean.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

I'm not looking for something on a budget.
I was just looking for a good deal.
I'd rather spend my money on something I know is discounted, than something that's being advertised as being discounted but not.

As for the toshiba, it wasn't really that I wanted it specifically, I just wanted something for my bedroom, but was willing to look at more expensive tvs as well.
I just feel ripped off and lied to.
I'm willing to spend 600 on a tv that's on sale. I don't want to spend 600 for a tv that isnt, especially illy when it's not only cheaper somewhere else, but I don't have to wait in line, and it's new vs used.
It's just crazy,really when you think about it.

Best Buy is only good for their Gamers Club. Where you get 20% off games and toys 2 life.

Everything else you can get cheaper online most of the time.

Return that crap.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

Sorry to hear that. Nasty stuff. Yeah, take that shit back. Just like Seinfeld, do it for spite. :)

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Stores do this, I saw a big sign for a big promotion of items that were only 10 cents off per piece

Really need to know what you are getting to get the best deals :/

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]