By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Fidel Castro is dead at 90.

Descanse en paz, comandante. Really sad news.

Around the Network

I did not agree with politics and really his time was wellll before mine..

However he is those titans of the 20th century History....

Few are left, think the Queen is the last big one.

Turkish said:
Ruler said:

http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/NY.GDP.PCAP.PP.CD?locations=ZJ-CU-MK-EC-JM

Woah Cuba is richer than the rest of Latin America

But they told me communism is poverty!

http://www.telesurtv.net/english/multimedia/Cubas-Achievements-Over-the-Decades-20160318-0035.html 

Gender equality: Cuba was the first country to sign and the second to ratify the Discrimination against Women convention. Nearly half of the parliamentary seats in the Cuban National Assembly are occupied by women.

Health: For all Cubans, healthcare is completely free. Cuba created the Meningitis-B vaccine in 1985, and later the vaccines for Hepatitis-B and Dengue.

Global humanitarian programs: Since 1969, a total of 325,710 Cuban health workers have participated in missions in 158 countries.

Under Cuba's constitution "any form of discrimination harmful to human dignity" is prohibited and gender reassignment surgeries have been available under its national healthcare, free of charge, since 2008.

Education: The literacy rate in the country is 99 percent. Cuba offers free education from elementary school through university.

Employment: The unemployment rate in Cuba as of 2014 was 2.7 percent. International Worker's Day, or May Day, is a major national workers celebration in Cuba.

Rab said:
Turkish said:

Woah Cuba is richer than the rest of Latin America

But they told me communism is poverty!

http://www.telesurtv.net/english/multimedia/Cubas-Achievements-Over-the-Decades-20160318-0035.html 

Gender equality: Cuba was the first country to sign and the second to ratify the Discrimination against Women convention. Nearly half of the parliamentary seats in the Cuban National Assembly are occupied by women.

Health: For all Cubans, healthcare is completely free. Cuba created the Meningitis-B vaccine in 1985, and later the vaccines for Hepatitis-B and Dengue.

Global humanitarian programs: Since 1969, a total of 325,710 Cuban health workers have participated in missions in 158 countries.

Under Cuba's constitution "any form of discrimination harmful to human dignity" is prohibited and gender reassignment surgeries have been available under its national healthcare, free of charge, since 2008.

Education: The literacy rate in the country is 99 percent. Cuba offers free education from elementary school through university.

Employment: The unemployment rate in Cuba as of 2014 was 2.7 percent. International Worker's Day, or May Day, is a major national workers celebration in Cuba.

And people will tell you that it's just propaganda, when it's pretty much confirmed by international, well known organisms xD. That's quite an achievement, with all the blockade USA has done to Cuba in the past decades.

Well in Cuba I would not have nice clothes soo I am not a fan lol

Around the Network

He provided health care for his people which is more than I can say for what happened in the states.

It's funny how people throw GDP numbers around saying Cuba is on par with other countries. Where would it be at if it wasn't under an embargo is what I truly wonder.
Plus, the US gladly trade with China, which os arguably the same or worse.

LadyJasmine said:
Well in Cuba I would not have nice clothes soo I am not a fan lol

Lady, I'm starting to think you're a man who is pretending to be a girl on vgchartz.

User was banned for this post ~StarOcean

coolbeans said:
bunchanumbers said:
He provided health care for his people which is more than I can say for what happened in the states.

But at the same time, you don't hear stories of people in droves risking shark-infested waters to flee the US' dictotorial oppression.  So...maybe it evens out?

Lets wait a couple years. That could be happening too.

I meant as a joke, Countries like Cuba are great as there is more equality but overall people are not well off compared to the average middle class suburban family.

If you are in North America there is a bigger difference between rich and poor but if you are on the richer side, life is better.

So really if you are a poorer person in the USA, life is likely better in Cuba.