By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Anyone have the new 3DS charging cradle/stand?

If you do how is it? I just realized the 3DS has lithium ion battery so there's no real reason to turn it off versus putting it to sleep. But I would like to have it charged at all times when I'm not using it for a while. Buying a cradle that I can easily plop the machine to charge seems like the solution for me.

You can currently get it at the Nintendo store for $10. 

https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/us/po/browse/productDetailColorSizePicker.jsp?categoryNav=false&navAction=jump&navCount=0&atg.multisite.remap=false&productId=prod610637&categoryId=cat600290

I believe only the OG 3DS charging cradle came packaged with the system. But I dont like how the new 3DS is placed standing up like a taco versus its natural resting position like the OG charging cradle. Does the cradle hold the new 3DS okay? Thanks in advance 😀

Around the Network

I don't have the new charging dock, but the original one

I've always thought it standing up like that is pretty odd, since it could be knocked over and such

I assume it's like the Wii U charging dock so it's not really a big deal..

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Platina said:
I don't have the new charging dock, but the original one

I've always thought it standing up like that is pretty odd, since it could be knocked over and such

I assume it's like the Wii U charging dock so it's not really a big deal..

The Wii u one does stand up too but it also has a leaning support. I guess I'll just look at the amazon reviews and FAQs before ordering it

I have both charging docks. .

The original is simpler, you drop the 3DS in without a second thought and can use it while charging if you're desperate.

The new requires a bit of a fiddle to dock, gotta make sure you're putting it in right every time. The 3DS is unusable while docked. Stability is fine. But the footprint is tiny so it fits on my bedside table or desk so much better, and for that I prefer the new dock.

mysteryman said:

I have both charging docks. .

The original is simpler, you drop the 3DS in without a second thought and can use it while charging if you're desperate.

The new requires a bit of a fiddle to dock, gotta make sure you're putting it in right every time. The 3DS is unusable while docked. Stability is fine. But the footprint is tiny so it fits on my bedside table or desk so much better, and for that I prefer the new dock.

As long as its stable then this should be good! I rarely play my 3DS more than an hour and never felt the need to play it on a charging dock. Looks like a good buy then. Thanks!

Around the Network

I have the old dock for the original 3DS, but I need to grab one for my N3DS sometime.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"