By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I am surprised by the lack of Nintendo X Lego games.

Tagged games:

Darwinianevolution said:
KLXVER said:
Why would Nintendo want to do that? I highly doubt that any franchise would sell more as a Lego version and even if it did Nintendo would have to split the profits with another developer.

Considering the only thing Nintendo would need to do is allow Lego a good deal with the Lego toys, it would be fine. Most Nintendo games sell respectably well, and Lego games have kept a decent standar of quality. Plus, I feel this would focus more to get better support from TT and Warner Bros than to sell the game.

Is there really any Nintendo IP that would have the quality raised by having a Lego version of it? I just dont see the point. Would rather have Lego City Undercover 2.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
Darwinianevolution said:

Considering the only thing Nintendo would need to do is allow Lego a good deal with the Lego toys, it would be fine. Most Nintendo games sell respectably well, and Lego games have kept a decent standar of quality. Plus, I feel this would focus more to get better support from TT and Warner Bros than to sell the game.

Is there really any Nintendo IP that would have the quality raised by having a Lego version of it? I just dont see the point. Would rather have Lego City Undercover 2.

No, but there are a lot of Star Wars games better than the Star Wars Lego games, and those still exist. If they make a The Legend of Zelda Lego game, I don't think people will think it has to be at least as good as BotW to consider its purchase. But as long as it's fun, people will play it. And if it can sell both amiibos and Dimension figurines, I bet both companies would love it.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:
KLXVER said:

No, but there are a lot of Star Wars games better than the Star Wars Lego games, and those still exist. If they make a The Legend of Zelda Lego game, I don't think people will think it has to be at least as good as BotW to consider its purchase. But as long as it's fun, people will play it. And if it can sell both amiibos and Dimension figurines, I bet both companies would love it.

Im not so sure they would love it since it would only be available on one console.

And who would want to play as anyone else in a Zelda game? I for one am not dying to play as Batman going through Hyrule. It would be funny for about ten minutes I guess.

If they are going to do it, then at least make a new game for Amiibos and Dimension figures. Dont use an existing IP.

KLXVER said:
Darwinianevolution said:

Im not so sure they would love it since it would only be available on one console.

And who would want to play as anyone else in a Zelda game? I for one am not dying to play as Batman going through Hyrule. It would be funny for about ten minutes I guess.

If they are going to do it, then at least make a new game for Amiibos and Dimension figures. Dont use an existing IP.

Lego games are not that expensive to make. I'm sure Undercover did great with just a million units sold. The Lego Company would love it if Nintendo allow them to make a couple of sets with Nintendo's IPs. Warner Bros would like it if they could sell Dimensions figurines and Nintendo would be happy to have a title that would fit on any schedule. And plus, Lego games have been one of the very few series that has worked with Nintendo non-stop. Even with the WiiU and 3DS, they kept releasing high quality titles. If this can be used to keep them around, maybe even funding more games like Undercover in the meantime too, why not?

KLXVER said:
Why would Nintendo want to do that? I highly doubt that any franchise would sell more as a Lego version and even if it did Nintendo would have to split the profits with another developer.

Because they would another exclusive game that would reach Switch and that would attract Lego game lowers to Switch, and of course because they would earn money in any case. Just imagine Zelda Lego game or Mario Lego game. :D

Those games could co-exist with main Zelda or main Mario game on market without any problems, this would be clear win-win situation for Nintendo in any case.

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:
KLXVER said:

Lego games are not that expensive to make. I'm sure Undercover did great with just a million units sold. The Lego Company would love it if Nintendo allow them to make a couple of sets with Nintendo's IPs. Warner Bros would like it if they could sell Dimensions figurines and Nintendo would be happy to have a title that would fit on any schedule. And plus, Lego games have been one of the very few series that has worked with Nintendo non-stop. Even with the WiiU and 3DS, they kept releasing high quality titles. If this can be used to keep them around, maybe even funding more games like Undercover in the meantime too, why not?

Well Activision worked with Nintendo on Skylanders. Did that do anything for anyone?

It does make a lot of sense, but the lack of Lego Nintendo toys, let alone games, is a bit disappointing

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

KLXVER said:
Darwinianevolution said:

Well Activision worked with Nintendo on Skylanders. Did that do anything for anyone?

Considering that Skylanders was the strongest on the Wii, and was one of the biggest 3rd party series on the WiiU, I would say Nintendo kept a decent grasp on the toys to life genre thanks to working close with Activision. And as for Activision, I would say Skylanders has been profitable enough. Is it Activision's second or third biggest cash cow franchise (not counting Blizzard here)?

Darwinianevolution said:
KLXVER said:

Considering that Skylanders was the strongest on the Wii, and was one of the biggest 3rd party series on the WiiU, I would say Nintendo kept a decent grasp on the toys to life genre thanks to working close with Activision. And as for Activision, I would say Skylanders has been profitable enough. Is it Activision's second or third biggest cash cow franchise (not counting Blizzard here)?

If it was such a great deal for either of them it would have continued. They are trying the same thing with Crash Bandicoot now.

I just dont see a reason to make a Lego Mario or Lego Zelda game with less tight controls.

KLXVER said:
Darwinianevolution said:

If it was such a great deal for either of them it would have continued. They are trying the same thing with Crash Bandicoot now.

I just dont see a reason to make a Lego Mario or Lego Zelda game with less tight controls.

Because they would another exclusive game that would reach Switch lineup and that would attract some Lego game lowers to Switch, and of course because they would earn money in any case. Lego Zelda or Mario games could co-exist with main Zelda or main Mario game on market without any problems, this would be clear win-win situation for Nintendo in any case.