By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 Pro performs pretty much like a $1000 PC, Hitman improved in every way on PS4 Pro

And yet it can't play Civilization VI or Europa Universalis IV.

Around the Network
Pyro as Bill said:
Ruler said:

-PC is 50ish fps too

- its over 1000$ PC Hardware if you count in the motherboard, powersupply, 1TB HD, PC Case, Blue Ray Drive and PS4 Pro Dualshock. Just gave basic components for the 900$ number

$699 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883230155

includes a pc case, 1TB + 128 SSD + Civ6. Cheaper games, no online sub.

The 1060 alone is only $200. Assuming you already have an average PC, the 1060 is a steal compared to PS4 Pro. The inevitable 18 month upgrade will probably be half the cost too.

the guy in the video has a Corei7 5820K CPU and a 8GB GTX 1060 founders edition, plus 16gb ram. Thats way more than 700$. A GTX 1060 costs 300€ in europe.

Why you bring cheaper games into the arhument and paying for online? Physical console games are cheaper on consoles than on PC if you buy them used or wait for price reductions on ebay or amazon

I have a PS4Pro and after watching this, you can color me impressed.

Mark Cerny is a genius.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Ruler said:
onionberry said:
Now let's run every other game like a $1,000 pc. The ps4, ps4 pro and the xbox have shit cpus, that's a fact. If the game can't hit 60fps with that rig it's not because of the cpu, especially that amazing cpu, it's because of the graphics chip, the game is optimized for amd cards. The ps4 pro is a $450-$500 pc, and not even because there are some games that run way better on a pc of that cost than on the ps4 pro. Awesome console for the price, I have one, but not $900 good.

So you blame it at optimisation? i can blame optimisation too for every lucklast PS4 Pro update like Overwatch. Its not only Hitman look at Battlefield 1 running at 60fps, 1440p and better textures and effect on PS4 Pro. Try to run that game on a $400-500 PC

Battlefield is amazingly optimized, that sucker even runs on my laptop (GeForce 950M, 2GB GDDR5) with 60 fps at 1080p. Sure, the graphics take a hit there, but it's still amazing considering I only paid 555 € for my notebook. On my PC it hits 144 fps frame limit and never moves under that, not even for the fraction of a second as far as I can tell. I'm pretty sure you can run that game very decent on a PC for 400 US$, the GeForce 1050 will do the job perfectly fine and it's even cheaper than the 1060. If you really want to save money, you could go for an i3, it's good enough as long as there's Hyper-Threading. 

But like I said, there's really no point in comparing all that stuff too much. Just move along, play games and have fun. Don't even worry about it, what's the point? For now the PS4 Pro offers great value for a decent price, that's all we need to know. 

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Ruler said:
onionberry said:
Now let's run every other game like a $1,000 pc. The ps4, ps4 pro and the xbox have shit cpus, that's a fact. If the game can't hit 60fps with that rig it's not because of the cpu, especially that amazing cpu, it's because of the graphics chip, the game is optimized for amd cards. The ps4 pro is a $450-$500 pc, and not even because there are some games that run way better on a pc of that cost than on the ps4 pro. Awesome console for the price, I have one, but not $900 good.

So you blame it at optimisation? i can blame optimisation too for every lucklast PS4 Pro update like Overwatch. Its not only Hitman look at Battlefield 1 running at 60fps, 1440p and better textures and effect on PS4 Pro. Try to run that game on a $400-500 PC

what's your point exactly? the ps4 pro has an underpowered cpu and a good rx 480, how is that as good as a $1,000 pc? with $1,000 I can build a pc with a gtx 1070 and run every game at native 4k, or every game at 1080p and 60+fps. I know what you're trying to say, but you should say "the ps4 pro can run this game almost as good as THIS $1,000 pc." Again really good console with some flaws that can be corrected, but let's not put the console right there with $1,000 a pc, cause a $1,000 pc has a lot of variables, thousands, while every ps4 pro have the same specs.

Around the Network

It sounds like its just higher resolution than the base ps4 while almost everything else is running on the same settings where as the PC version is running at max... There are a few big settings that the base ps4 uses which are medium in terms of PC settings which doesn't really sound like it has changed on the ps4 Pro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SZw7XhRx6A

Where as the video you linked on PC runs everything at Ultra. Also not to mention you don't need a 5820k to run it at max Lmao. Its not a CPU bottleneck cause when you watch the video, the CPU is not even being used much...

So no... You really don't need a $1000 PC...

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

OdinHades said:
Yes, consoles are cheaper than PCs, that is true. PCs will however always be more powerful. Just pick what you like better, no point in comparing them to much and look for what is ultimately better. Because there is no option that is better for everyone. It always depends on personal preference.

Take me for example. I don't care too much about money. I would just use a Geforce GTX 1080 end enjoy rock-solid 144 fps for the friggin' smoothest Gameplay you have ever seen. I don't care at all about 4K and this is where PC has its biggest advantage: choice. If I decide to play on 1080p, I can squeeze out the very last dip of my hardware power for that resolution and I don't need a patch for older games to get a massive boost compared to older hardware.

I get that not everyone is like me though, so just play whereever you want and I'm sure we can co-exist in peace. About silly comments on the internet and hatred towards any particular platform: Just ignore it. Those comments are coming from idiots and it's a waste of time to talk with them.

yeah but that wasnt the case when the Xbox One and PS4 launched you allready could get the same console performance by playing on a pentium and GTX 550. PS4 Pro defentiantley feels like it has a lot better Hardware inside comparing it with similiar PC hadtware, its like consoles used to be in performance/price ratin if these devolopers patch the PS4 games properly.

onionberry said:
Ruler said:

what's your point exactly? the ps4 pro has an underpowered cpu and a good rx 480, how is that as good as a $1,000 pc? with $1,000 I can build a pc with a gtx 1070 and run every game at native 4k, or every game at 1080p and 60+fps. I know what you're trying to say, but you should say "the ps4 pro can run this game almost as good as THIS $1,000 pc." Again really good console with some flaws that can be corrected, but let's not put the console right there with $1,000 a pc, cause a $1,000 pc has a lot of variables, thousands, while every ps4 pro have the same specs.

$1300 for GTX 1080 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883102254

Sell 256GB SSD - $60

Sell Windows 10 license - $100

Sell 16/32GB RAM - $60

$1080 total

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

onionberry said:
Ruler said:

Why shouldnt it be? Consoles always used to be $1000 PC hardware for a cheaper price, look at the PS1, PS2, SNES, Dreamcast, original XBox, NES etc. they all outperformed PCs for similiar prices, by a lot. PS4 Pro goes back to this sheme. And I said pretty much like a $1000 PC.

A GTX 1070 alone costs $400, like the PS4 Pro. 

Captain_Yuri said:

It sounds like its just higher resolution than the base ps4 while almost everything else is running on the same settings where as the PC version is running at max... There are a few big settings that the base ps4 uses which are medium in terms of PC settings which doesn't really sound like it has changed on the ps4 Pro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SZw7XhRx6A

Where as the video you linked on PC runs everything at Ultra. Also not to mention you don't need a 5820k to run it at max Lmao. Its not a CPU bottleneck cause when you watch the video, the CPU is not even being used much...

So no... You really don't need a $1000 PC...

This video realy doesnt go into detail at which settings the console versions are really running. It only counts view aspects like shadow quality popping up. PC version looks really identical with the PS4 Pro version to me and we know some details got imrpoved on PS4 Pro. The general rule is that most console games run at high PC settings i would say.