By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NPD PS4 vs XB1 2016 Battle

I was curious to see just how the numbers are stacking up against the XB1 and PS4 through out the year. So figured I make this thread. Will update with the last couple of months when the data becomes available. All the numbers come from our very own NPD threads. 

MONTH PS4 2016 TOTAL: 2421k XB1 2016 TOTAL: 2210k
January 227k 130k
Febuary 404k 248k
March 330k 241k
April 178k 167k
May 207k 107k
June 234k 211k
July 161k 171k
August 160k 274k
September 285k 332k
October 235k 329k
November    
December    

Around the Network

Although I don't care who wins, I wouldn't bet against the PS4 being up 1M or over by the end of the year.

I think PS4 takes november, when you add up the 3 months or so of pre-orders for the PS4pro.
December will probably be close too, and overall 2016 will probably be in the PS4s favor.

I expect Sony to win November and December considering ps4 slim bundles as well as ps4 Pro. If the X1 sells close to the combined tho, that would be interesting even though I don't see it happening

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Good thread thanks for making it!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:
I expect Sony to win November and December considering ps4 slim bundles as well as ps4 Pro. If the X1 sells close to the combined tho, that would be interesting even though I don't see it happening

That would really be intersting. 

I cant see how the PS4 doesn't take november and december and finish the year with at least a 1000k lead. But stranger things have happened, and MS has shown time and time again that they are willing to do with price things sony doesn't seem to be willing to do. 

ps4 wins 2016 100%

Obviously the PS4 will win. I'LL be LMAO if it doesn't XD

Pocky Lover Boy! 

I dont know the prices in the US but here in the netherlands the PS4 Slim is cheaper then the X1 S and the PS4 Pro is down to 369,-

Even tough the Xbox has deffenitely sold better recently, with forza and gears, with the prices being what they are and the extra value of the Pro I am quite certain sony should have November and December, I am expecting November to be the bigger gap because of the kick-in of the PS4 Pro pre orders.

it all really depends if the Pro keeps selling or its a one time boost.

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Where are the Wii U numbers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.