By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Has Sony kept their promise of PS3 10 years lifespan?

I would say a pretty big YES. PS3 still got AAA games for a good time after PS4 release, and is still getting some good games for this day, not the top-notch AAA games, but sport games and some medium-tie games are still being released. And stilll will have an extended lifetime, like sport games and lower budget rpgs, and Persona 5 will be the last game I play on my PS3. And still a very competent media center with BD ( no one cares anymore, but it`s there) and YouTube and Netflix, I believe my PS3 will have a better after-life after I get my Ps4 than my ps2 had when i got the ps3.

Around the Network

Today is 10 years since its release in NA, so yes, new games are still releasing for the PS3. We don't talk about it as much because the market has moved forward, but yes, that console is still very much alive and still supported by Sony.

PS3 has had wonderful support. Awesome console

invetedlotus123 said:
I would say a pretty big YES. PS3 still got AAA games for a good time after PS4 release, and is still getting some good games for this day, not the top-notch AAA games, but sport games and some medium-tie games are still being released. And stilll will have an extended lifetime, like sport games and lower budget rpgs, and Persona 5 will be the last game I play on my PS3. And still a very competent media center with BD ( no one cares anymore, but it`s there) and YouTube and Netflix, I believe my PS3 will have a better after-life after I get my Ps4 than my ps2 had when i got the ps3.

That is extremely true. I still play my PS3 from time to time, I do not think I ever went back to the PS2 more than a year after the PS3 released

rolltide101x said:
invetedlotus123 said:

That is extremely true. I still play my PS3 from time to time, I do not think I ever went back to the PS2 more than a year after the PS3 released

Well, personally even after getting a PS3 and PS4 I still play on my PS2 more than anything else.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
rolltide101x said:

I still come back to the PS1 and PS2 to this day xD

Me too! Those two are way above any other console in my opinion.

For sure. I mean, my main game right now is Yakuza 5. A part of the PS+ sub. Gonna get back to PS4 after that, but for me, the PS3 has delivered by that metric, and all others really. Still my main media player as well.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

They kept their promise--as they did with all PlayStation home consoles--but it was never up to them. It's always been up to the consumer. We kept it on the market for ten years do they kept us supplied with content for ten years.

it still gets persona 5

d21lewis said:
They kept their promise--as they did with all PlayStation home consoles--but it was never up to them. It's always been up to the consumer. We kept it on the market for ten years do they kept us supplied with content for ten years.

G** bless us all.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."