By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Titanfall 2 for PS4 (90 Metacritic rating) less then 30 buck at Walmart.com

EspadaGrim said:
Kerotan said:
They've had to slice the price very soon after launch. The game seems solid but it was damaged by the first big time.

not to mention it had to compete against BF1 and COD it should have been delayed to Q1 2017.

They pretty much sent it out to die. 

Around the Network

Same price on Amazon. Just snatched it up :D

Why did EA send Titanfall 2 out to die? Why didn't they stay with the March launch window, a time when everyone has played hundreds of hours of BF and CoD and are pretty much ready to try a different FPS.

Honestly I don't think being console exclusive to Xb one for the first game is the problem. It was strategically dumb to release the game sandwiched between the 2 well established big selling annual franchises. I hope it wasn't Respawn's own Bravado of thinking they can foot it against BF and CoD and they insisted on a holiday release.

Hopefully Wikileaks will do something useful for once and leak some correspondence around who pushed for an end of year release.

I dislike FPS games, but I feel like I should maybe get Titanfall 2 to show it some love and to encourage EA/Respawn not to give up on the franchise. I probably won't though. Pity buying is not a good idea.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Why's it only 30 on Xbox One?

Kerotan said:
EspadaGrim said:

not to mention it had to compete against BF1 and COD it should have been delayed to Q1 2017.

They pretty much sent it out to die. 

And that is a massive shame because it's one the best new Ip's this Gen imo, EA really messed up.