By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mafia Round 74 -Overwatch Theme

zero129 said:
Stefl1504 said:
for me, the likelyhood of noctis and zero being scum just increased by a fuckton.

After this post and your one before it about Mr.P the same can be said for you.

You honestly think that mafia wouldnt hammer a town vote and then try play the "Id never do that if i was mafia" card?..

No, I do not believe that, mafia can just as likely hammer as anybody else and actually doing it is a no-tell, I am just not comfortable with the whole fast jump of people on it (granted, noctis did only say he didn't like it). If you think that one or two have been on there, why not just 3 too? Why not just assume that town was right and there is a forger or something at work?

Whose votes didn't move to from mr.p to clyde? Noctis, you, darwin, axum - does that make any of you town in my eyes? No, it just shows that neither of you had the balls to commit to a fucking lynch. Does that make any of you are scum - no it doesn't either. But with a fuckton of roles already on the map, why not forger too, why not go for crazy assumptions to not trust the flip too.

To put it as I put yesterday, not having lynched Mr.P yesterday might have been the biggest mistake this game, because I still can't give him any benefit as town other than what others do - and that is what trully frustrates me and I still have to go for him in doubt just because he >might just as well be scum and I am just overreading things.

Around the Network
Linkzmax said:
Stefl1504 said:

well, if mafia know it comes down to two targets that aren't scum anyway, why would they need to get their hands dirty. thinking 3 people are most likely to be scum does in no way mean they are scum - in fact I have nothing to proof any of the two towns to be town, from a completely neutral standpoint they could be just as much fooling me the people on my scumlist could be fucking me over so hard.

But darwin was the other lynch possibility towards the end of the Day, so your conditional is impossible. I would also note that for all intents and purposes Noctis voted Clyde, he unvoted to give him a chance to defend himself(allowing discussion) but made no mention that he was swayed by it.

If your scumteam theory is correct, they all avoided Mr.P's lynch Day One as well. Such clean hands! haha

not necessarily impossible, but rather unlikely, as I said, I am not claiming perfection, I didn't even want to claim that it has to be exactly those 3. I just think that among them we are more likely to find scum... it was also a way to ridicule the thought of  >no scum had to vote for clyde just because I think 3 people are scummy that didn't vote for him. I know that it is impossible for all 3 of them being scum, but fuck it, I am sure as hell not going to get scum an ez pass by just jumping on mr.p too ez.

Stefl1504 said:
Linkzmax said:

But darwin was the other lynch possibility towards the end of the Day, so your conditional is impossible. I would also note that for all intents and purposes Noctis voted Clyde, he unvoted to give him a chance to defend himself(allowing discussion) but made no mention that he was swayed by it.

If your scumteam theory is correct, they all avoided Mr.P's lynch Day One as well. Such clean hands! haha

not necessarily impossible, but rather unlikely, as I said, I am not claiming perfection, I didn't even want to claim that it has to be exactly those 3. I just think that among them we are more likely to find scum... it was also a way to ridicule the thought of  >no scum had to vote for clyde just because I think 3 people are scummy that didn't vote for him. I know that it is impossible for all 3 of them being scum, but fuck it, I am sure as hell not going to get scum an ez pass by just jumping on mr.p too ez.

Actually, nvm... it is impossible...

I am drunk, tired and watching project m, fucking leave me be

Stefl1504 said:
I am drunk, tired and watching project m, fucking leave me be

I'm drunk too! But I'm unfamiliar with project m.

Anyways, I understand your point about focusing on a certain number of lynchers. It could be 1-2, or it could be 0, or it could be all 3. I think voting record is a valid form of evidence, but it's unwise to start from that assumption.

Around the Network

OK, so we have eight people and a dead serial killer (and a dead vigilante). Nothing we have seen so far even remotely suggests an additional kill power for scum. Adding another death to the night with a bus driver, a commuter, and allegedly a bulletproof in the town doesn't seem like much added value, and if the mafia DO have an extra kill I think the two-man team hypothesis suddenly becomes a lot more likely.

Mr.P's extremely unwise (for town) hammer could be yet another moment of carelessness on his part, and there is even evidence to suggest that this is so, but it's nevertheless another point in favor of the idea that he is filthy scum that we should have lynched back on Day 1.

Darwin acted foolishly yesterDay IMO, and yet unlike Mr.P I actually thought that what happened suggested he is more likely to be town than otherwise. We'll see if that feeling holds.

The question before us is a relatively simple one: do we just No Lynch to maximize our knowledge? Or are we willing to make a decision immediately? With a bus driver and role blocker dead, I doubt we have another redirector, and I would be pretty surprised if we had a doctor, too. And the vig is long dead.

The only real downside to that plan IMO is if we have not a mafia, but a killing cult. Or cult/double SK, I guess, but that's way too crazy. It's probably mafia.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Mr.Playstation said:
Linkzmax said:

Very unlikely there's only two members, though you'd like us to believe that wouldn't you?

@Everyone:
Do NOT be carefree with your vote toDay. If the scumteam is 3 members, a mislynch means we lose.

Why very unlikey, lol? Mafia may easily have two kills a night since we don't actually know what happened last night.

Why do you make me want to kill you so much? 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

I don't think No Lynch is a good choice at this point. We've had two Nights for any investigative roles to gather information, so at this point they either have it or there's a good chance they will be dead before they can share what they know if you and Stefl are right that there is no doc.

The alternative is another flip could be helpful in determining the setup, but I see two problems with that as well. 1) That would also help mafia if they need to fakeclaim and 2) If there's going to be a massclaim, then it should happen toDay as there will be more townies alive to weigh in on all the claims. For the record, I don't think a massclaim is a great idea either, seeing as no mafia are dead yet, and thus they're quite likely to be able to take advantage of us once everything is out in the open.

Linkzmax said:
I don't think No Lynch is a good choice at this point. We've had two Nights for any investigative roles to gather information, so at this point they either have it or there's a good chance they will be dead before they can share what they know if you and Stefl are right that there is no doc.

The alternative is another flip could be helpful in determining the setup, but I see two problems with that as well. 1) That would also help mafia if they need to fakeclaim and 2) If there's going to be a massclaim, then it should happen toDay as there will be more townies alive to weigh in on all the claims. For the record, I don't think a massclaim is a great idea either, seeing as no mafia are dead yet, and thus they're quite likely to be able to take advantage of us once everything is out in the open.

Sorry, Linkz, you lost town points here.  Even if you discount any possibility of gaining information or messing with mafia with town night actions, there's still a very solid reason to wait a day:  reducing the suspect pool. 

Assuming a 3 member mafia, the town needs a unanimous lynch to hit mafia, assuming no strategic mafia defection occurs.  If we No Lynch, tomorrow we will also need a unanimous lynch.  It's exactly the same difficulty level from that perspective.  However, each of us is also faced with 7 potential suspects, while tomorrow there will be 6. 

Hoepfully we can do better than pure random odds, but the base random-odds value improves if we No Lynch and that just has to improve our real chances, doesn't it? 

Vote Noy Lynch