By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Lazy Japanese game developer

Can you guys believe a Japanese game developer released this game on 1.8 Tflops machine with this graphic and gameplay

while the other developers able to produce this kind of graphic and gameplay on 4Gflops machine 

Around the Network

What game are we exactly talking about?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

I dont know which game the first one is, but it goes without saying the budget of monster hunter is at least more than 5x the first game. After all, Monster Hunter sells gangbusters in Japan. The one on top probably would never break 1 million in a single title ever (my honest assumption).

BasilZero said:
Would have been great if OP provided name of two random generic looking games.

Its obviously Lucky Lightning L: Amazon Apollo and Fatal Fear Force: Second Forming.

I think the top game is Omega Quintet made by Compile Hearts who's known for low budget JRPGs.

Not sure what the below game is. Never played MH so I'm not sure ^^

Around the Network

No developer is lazier than valve
Where is my HL3 ?

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

BasilZero said:
tiffac said:
I think the top game is Omega Quintet made by Compile Hearts who's known for low budget JRPGs.

Not sure what the below game is. Never played MH so I'm not sure ^^

That would be hilarious if so, I was googling that game just a few min ago cause I found something interesting that got me interested in the game :p

for your information , Omega Quintet is the first exclusive JRPG for Ps4 and it's bad please don't support lazy dev like that 

So a game that sells 3-5m copies vs one that probably didnt sell 100k
Yeah, definitely laziness and not budget that makes a difference.

Is the top gif Omega Quintet? I have it, but have never played it. Got it on PSN for like....$10-$20. Can't remember. Fascinating thread though.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

I for one am happy we don't have to have these ridiculously budgeted games bankrupting companies and we've got Japanese developers keeping the mid-tier alive.