By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4pro HDD vs SSD test up: DF tests & NXGamer. Final 5-40% perf improvement

I picked up a two -Crucial MX300 1TB this Summer for under 220.00$ I'm using one in with my XB1 and have the other one I currently have installed in my PS4. The downside to using this SSD in my PS4 I'm not getting the full read speeds that I want due to it being SATAII interface(but compared to the stock 5400rpm HDD it's a huge difference), with the new Pro using SATAIII I can't wait to see the difference even more. With Black Friday sales going on, I'm sure you'll see Samsung, Sandisk, Crucial, Intel , Etc.... 1TB SSDs around 190.00-260.00$ range. =)

Around the Network

Got my SSD today. The whole changing process went surprisingly smoothly and fast. I don't have comparisons but Driveclub and DQB both load levels under 10sec.

I cannot imagine toilet-free life.

Kebabs have a unique attribute compared to other consumables. To unlock this effect you need to wolf down a big ass kebab really fast, like under 10 minutes or so and wait for the effect to kick in. If done correctly your movements should feel unbelievably heavy to the point where you literally cannot move at all.

-Downtown Alanya Kebab magazine issue no.198

Disappointing (although expected) that the SATA III didn't do anything to improve load times... Though it's nice to see the 1TB HDD in the Pro can be quite a bit faster than the 500GB from the vanilla!

My fifty cents

It seems that the longer HDD is used, the more unstable it's loading times. Not only worse, but unstable.

antigin said:

My fifty cents

It seems that the longer HDD is used, the more unstable it's loading times. Not only worse, but unstable.

thanks for this  awesome work. Uncharted is the one that is most relevant there, cause that at least has a Pro patch available for it. For all games without the pro patch, the PS4pro pretty much mostly just runs like a normal PS4. 

Around the Network
KBG29 said:
Awesome, I've got a 4TB Evo 850 coming Friday to drop in the Pro. Should give me enough room for all the Retro and VR gaming I want to do for the next couple of years. SSD is the future, and PS5 has to be based around it to be a truly next gen console. Hopefully prices will fall quickly, and 8TB will be out in the next couple of years.

A $1,500 SSD for a console? Why?

antigin said:

My fifty cents

Excellent. Do you have any other pro patched titles that you can test this on?

I put a hybrid drive in my XB1, and though I haven't done any scientific testing, I'm thinking it has improved load times by 25%-30% on average.

aLkaLiNE said:

Excellent. Do you have any other pro patched titles that you can test this on?

What is intersting is that the stock 5400rpm drive on the PS4pro jas even better performance than the ogPS4 with an SSD when running uncharted 4.

And thats the only game with a Pro patch in his list. 

Arkaign said:
KBG29 said:
Awesome, I've got a 4TB Evo 850 coming Friday to drop in the Pro. Should give me enough room for all the Retro and VR gaming I want to do for the next couple of years. SSD is the future, and PS5 has to be based around it to be a truly next gen console. Hopefully prices will fall quickly, and 8TB will be out in the next couple of years.

A $1,500 SSD for a console? Why?

What else wouldyou put a $1,500.00 4TB SSD in?

I only own PlayStation products. The last non Sony/PlayStation product I bought was an X360 in 2010, and a PC in 2014 that I played for about three months and resold. PlayStation is my hub for everything, and that demands a massive amount of stograge. I also have a 5TB external drive connected to it.

I was already shuffling games on the 2TB I had in my 1200 model PS4. Now I hav about 1.4TB after the switch to the new drive. Should last a while until 8TB SSDs are available.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL