By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What was your *first* main series Final Fantasy game?

Final Fantasy VII.

I always wanted ff3 (aka 6) on Super NES but I never got it. My first RPG was Chrono Trigger and my first Final Fantasy was VII.

Around the Network

Hard to tell since my first three games I experienced at friend's houses. I think the first one I played alone was FFVIII. Not that it matters though since I then played all other games in quick succession. FFVIII barely makes it into my top 5 these days.

I think these polls are pretty useless though unless everyone who voted actually played all games in the poll. That makes the result nothing more than quantity over quality.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Final Fantasy IV for me too, on SNES.

As for more modern games getting the love, I think it's just a younger crowd. You and I are becoming dinosaurs

Final Fantasy VIII, played on my original PS during the good old days...

FFV on GBA. I remember reading everything about it in Nintendo Power and Game Informer and eventually I saved enough money to buy it. It's still my favorite Final Fantasy.

Around the Network

Final Fantasy VII, the first Final Fantasy game that was released in Europe.

Final Fantasy 1. Along with Ninja Gaiden 2 (and Super Mario Bros / Duck Hunt), it was my first NES game. Christmas of 1990 is among my most memorable ever.

Mine was Final Fantasy VIII back on the PS1

I can't remember if it was III on the DS or X on the PS2, but I'm leaning more towards it being III.

FFIV, I was just a child. But something about the game made me really enjoy it. My gift givers might have noticed, as we soon had FFVI, FFVII, FFVIII as they released.