By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2.5 HD remixes on switch?

Rob5VGC said:
Tlozjb said:
It's possible.

- The Nintendo - Square Enix relationship seemst to be fixing up.

- SE seems to be enamored with the Switch, from the DQ teams to the FF teams.

- The release date is um, interesting. It seems to be a match for the Switch. While it is releasing to close to KH 2.8, only 2 months after. Which to say the true, raises some alarms, and lets the imagination flow.

- No sign of PlayStation exclusivity was shown in the trailer, or in any social media post.

- If the Switch really is as easy to port too as they say, then its easy money, and we all know SE is a sucker for easy money.

You haven't been following then.

That's a "sign" like you said. Both from SE's site.

To the OP, SE and Nintendo are in a good relationship...meaning Dragon Quest.

Also, to anyone saying that the KH games have been on Nintendo...all those games ended up only on PlayStation on 2 separate occassions. Nomura's original vision for Chain of Memories and his plan for the HD collections.

You completely missed the point I was making with the KH 2.8 release date thing if you are sending me that image, that line didn't refer to it, it only refer to KH 1.5 + 2.5.  Also, I suppose that KH 1.5 + 2.5 is from the European Shop? Because the NA shop makes 0 mention of PS4 exclusivity, the same way that every social media post about the collection of the collections doesn't mentioned it, and the trailer.  Though wouldn't be a first that a game is exclusive to a console in a region, that is if that box wasn't just fastly thrown together,  seeing how it doesn't even include the SE logo or "Artwork not Final", as the NA box..:

https://store.na.square-enix.com/product/425625/kingdom-hearts-hd-15-plus-25-remix-ps4

COMG guide to points: 1 point = Raging. 2 points = Beasting. 3 points = Tearing it up. 4 points = Berzerk. 7 points = Rampage. 12 points = Burst. 15 points = god mode. 20+ points = DIVIDING BY ZERO!!! 40+ points = Youkai (originally Pokemon).

-1 = Negabeasting. -5= NegaRampage. -10 = NegaBurst

Around the Network

I don't see why not. There's an audience for Kingdom Hearts games (and SE games in general) on Nintendo platforms and the Switch seems like it's positioned to dominate in Japan -- a place where all Japanese 3rd parties want to do well.

V-r0cK said:
Aura7541 said:
Well... I can say that the Switch has a higher chance of getting KH 1.5 + 2.5 than the XB1 since Nintendo platforms have had KH games before, so the fanbase is somewhat there.

Except I think the XB1 actually has a higher chance than Switch to get KH1.5+2.5 since it's already confirmed that XB1 is getting KH3.  The XB1 is the only console outside of Sony that's for sure getting a mainline KH game and not spin offs.

KH3 had more to do with the timing of its announcement. Nomura announced KH3 in E3 2013, well before the PS4 and XB1 launched. At that time, Square thought the XB1 would have the same kind of success as the 360 and well... here we are.

Nintendo platforms, on the other hand, had Chain of Memories, Re:Coded, 358/2 Days, and Dream Drop Distance. The Nintendo userbase has some sort of an established KH fanbase whereas the Xbox platforms have literally zero history with the series.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
May I suggest something?

Nintendo fans: if there are some big-name games you want to play on Xbox, PC, or PS, go out and buy those platforms.

Everyone else: stop being selfish and acting like you own these third-party games. We're all video game fans. Learn how to spread the wealth.

Id would love to play KH on the go.

Id totally buy a ps4 for some games, but I would prefer to get it on a plataform where i could play on the go also.

Tlozjb said:
Rob5VGC said:

You haven't been following then.

You completely missed the point I was making with the KH 2.8 release date thing if you are sending me that image, that line didn't refer to it, it only refer to KH 1.5 + 2.5.  Also, I suppose that KH 1.5 + 2.5 is from the European Shop? Because the NA shop makes 0 mention of PS4 exclusivity, the same way that every social media post about the collection of the collections doesn't mentioned it, and the trailer.  Though wouldn't be a first that a game is exclusive to a console in a region, that is if that box wasn't just fastly thrown together,  seeing how it doesn't even include the SE logo or "Artwork not Final", as the NA box..:

https://store.na.square-enix.com/product/425625/kingdom-hearts-hd-15-plus-25-remix-ps4

Nope. I knew what bold meant. I wanted you to understand the law of chronological order, hence the mention of 2.8. As I said before, the 1.5+2.5 image is a "sign" countering your claim that there is "no sign of exclusivity".

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
Tlozjb said:

So the assumption is that the reason even the TRAILER only said ps4 - is because Nintendo is so paranoid about people knowing the games on their systems - that they told SE to remove any mention of the switch from everywhere?

Is that the same reasoning that 2.8 never mentions the switch anywhere? Or is the switch going to get 1.5/2.5 but not 2.8?

Seeing how paranoid they have been already, do you really think that is a inplausible scenario?  The trailer only had the PS4 logo, and it saying "Only on PS4", are at the end quite different, one leaves a open door, the other don't.

At this moment, it seems that only KH 1.5 + 2.5, but 2.8 is already a confirmed PS exclusive, so no chance for that.

Rob5VGC said:
Tlozjb said:

Nope. I knew what bold meant. I wanted you to understand the law of chronological order, hence the mention of 2.8. As I said before, the 1.5+2.5 image is a "sign" countering your claim that there is "no sign of exclusivity".

Kay.   When every other media doesn't make a reference to that "sign", it suggest more of a error in that discordant note, and it wouldn't be the first time that one of SE's sites messes up a boxart and contradics every other media Ex: KH3 X1 version's dissappearance from SE's Jap site.

COMG guide to points: 1 point = Raging. 2 points = Beasting. 3 points = Tearing it up. 4 points = Berzerk. 7 points = Rampage. 12 points = Burst. 15 points = god mode. 20+ points = DIVIDING BY ZERO!!! 40+ points = Youkai (originally Pokemon).

-1 = Negabeasting. -5= NegaRampage. -10 = NegaBurst

Veknoid_Outcast said:
May I suggest something?

Nintendo fans: if there are some big-name games you want to play on Xbox, PC, or PS, go out and buy those platforms.

Everyone else: stop being selfish and acting like you own these third-party games. We're all video game fans. Learn how to spread the wealth.

Maybe the Nintendo fans would love to play these home console games on the go. Which could be possible on the Switch. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Veknoid_Outcast said:
May I suggest something?

I got a bit of an issue with that 1st comment. It makes it seem like Nintendo fans can't ask for ports or multiplat games to come to Ninten consoles as well, and that just seems unfair. What if some people want the Switch to be their primary console? I think it'd be fair for some multiplat games to come to it. It's as you say, it'd be best if some games to come to all consoles, including the switch. There's also what if there are some games on the other platforms, but not worth buying said platform for them. I'm currently in that boat.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

I'm not really expecting those games to be ported to the NS, but hey, if some people want them on the switch, who am I to stop them. Though, having all the games 1.5,2.5, and 2.8 on one card would be pretty sweet. I'd be tempted to buy it myself. KH3 on the Switch would be a hell yes too.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Man this is getting so annoying. Nintendo fans are asking for games literally every. YouTube comments, Twitter, VGC, everywhere. Port begging in any sense is annoying as hell.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"