By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo claiming WiiU production Isn’t Ending On November 4, 2016, but...

Wii U is already dead. It was dead the minute they announced Zelda was being pushed back to 2017 as a Switch "launch title". They won't keep supporting the Switch, except maybe for some indie eshop games.

Around the Network

This should have been reported on much sooner. Operation Rainfall reported this news on the 1st.

bonzobanana said:
Foxconn closed down the wii u production line in china and sent the remaining wii u parts to Japan for low volume assembly year or so ago. Then recently Nintendo didn't realise there was still an extra box of bits left hidden behind a cupboard so there is actually 2 to 3 weeks of stock still available for the office junior to assemble.

Perhaps next week someone will discover another box on a shelf next to the boiler under some old sheets and so wii u production continues......

Was there enough parts to store by the cupboard?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

That's what I said a few days ago to someone on the forums. I would definitely take what Nintendo said with a grain of salt.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

If Wii U games ar ecoming to the eshop for the Switch then I have no problem with this. In fact I think its for the best!

There are many awesome games on the Wii U that should be played by many people!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

Indeed, that was what I thought of too when they said this

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]