By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Switch vs WiiU vs Xbox One vs PS4 (Last Update: January 12, 2017)

Intrinsic said:
why are you using the prices of the PS4/XB1 from 3 years ago?

When the switch launches, isn't it going to be on the shelf with $250-$300 PS4s/XB1s?

Those are "launch" prices/dates/etc.

Around the Network

This dev kit image is interesting. It clearly has connections for

• Wii Sensor Bar
  • LAN
  • HDMI
  • Wiimote Controller
  • and whatever the hell those to nobs are for.
The sensor bar and controller connector are what interests me the most. Given the NES Classic also uses the same ports, I wonder if there will be support for this type of controller design? I'm guessing not in the same manner as this must be to allow teh various types of joycons to be tested. 
What I see from this is:
  • joycons due have IR functionality and wii sensor bar included
  • joycons will come in many flavors, similar to the patents showing gamecube style versions
What do you think?

superchunk said:

This dev kit image is interesting. It clearly has connections for

• Wii Sensor Bar

1. Might just be prop. port (like ps camera).

I think its fake btw. 

Wouldn't it be more appropriate to add the PS4 pro and the xbox one s? If you want to talk about hardware, you have to compare it to what's currently on the market as that's the competition it will be facing. You can't just compare it to the PS4 and Xbox one as if they were just launching

midrange said:
Wouldn't it be more appropriate to add the PS4 pro and the xbox one s? If you want to talk about hardware, you have to compare it to what's currently on the market as that's the competition it will be facing. You can't just compare it to the PS4 and Xbox one as if they were just launching

I was comparing it to the base models as that is fully known and what is closer to the NS.

However, this isn't the first request... I think I'll need to determine best way to add Pro/Scorpio data to better understand the new high-end.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

I think Nintendo is going to be very flexible with controller options this time around, so virtually all games should support any controller that is feasible to use for the game in question. The packed-in joycons are probable to have motion controls and IR aiming. These aren't expensive components and they have their use, so it would be a missed opportunity to leave them out.

There have to be various joycons, because not being able to use Switch in portable form with a proper d-pad would be utmost stupidity on Nintendo's part.

yep, this article lays out what we're both saying.

http://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2016/10/28/13450660/nintendo-switch-accessories-hardware-announcement-date

Here is their image as well.

One month to hopefully finalize the OP. I think at that time I'll go ahead and add PS4Pro and Scorpio somehow ...

So I saw this post in GAF : http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=226082642&postcount=4058
It details the GPD WIN portable device. What is remarkable about this device is that :
1) it is less powerful than rumored NS
2) it plays Witcher 3, Rise of the Tomb Raider, GTA V, Fallout 4, etc. (see gaf link for videos or hit youtube)

These are low quality but it shows the scale that 3rd parties can use with the right technically sufficient hardware.

superchunk said:
So I saw this post in GAF : http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=226082642&postcount=4058
It details the GPD WIN portable device. What is remarkable about this device is that :
2) it plays Witcher 3, Rise of the Tomb Raider, GTA V, Fallout 4, etc. (see gaf link for videos or hit youtube)

These are low quality but it shows the scale that 3rd parties can use with the right technically sufficient hardware.

Something being able to run on hardwsre and being olayable are two very different things. The witcher was porbbaly running at leas than 20fps at 720p and textures werent even loading period. 

That's not saying stuff can't be made to run without the right optimization. just saying domt get your hopes up. 

Intrinsic said:
superchunk said:

Something being able to run on hardwsre and being olayable are two very different things. The witcher was porbbaly running at leas than 20fps at 720p and textures werent even loading period. 

That's not saying stuff can't be made to run without the right optimization. just saying domt get your hopes up. 

Point wasn't that GPD ran it flawlessly, just that it was ported. NS is a lot more powerful than the GPD. NS will have no issues running any of those games.