By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo "Switch" - a controversial name in the United States

What are yours thoughts on the switch

No problems 7 63.64%

My på used to switch me. I feel triggered. 1 9.09%

My teacher used to switch me. I felt abused. 0 0%

My grandmother cut a swit... 0 0%

I have brain damage from ... 3 27.27%

Total:11

The news that Nintendo is naming their console the Switch has brought a lot of controversy, most notably from people who lived in the South Eastern portion of the US who do not like the name. Why? I discovered that a switch is a controversial weapon used in south-eastern American schools to brutally strike students with when they misbehave.

For those unfamiliar, a "switch" is a weapon "cut" from hazel wood or hickory, and used the beat children over their backs. It is commonly made in the South-Eastern United States. The purpose is to beat the child brutally, inflicting severe pain and damage on the child in an effort to traumatize them into being obedient, like a poorly treated animal. This has caused many Americans to not like the name Switch for a Nintendo device due to its controversial name.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

The rarely seen "Trick" alternative.

Is this your opinion or from an article. Because Them Youtube Likes compared to dislikes says otherwise.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:
Is this your opinion or from an article. Because Them Youtube Likes compared to dislikes says otherwise.

About the name switch? 

Also, most people in the US don't like in the South East. I think it is mostly in around New York, the mid west, the Wild West, and California.

Plus, most people on the Internet are from Europe, where there is not controversy about the name Switch.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:
Jranation said:

About the name switch? 

Also, most people in the US don't like in the South East. I think it is mostly in around New York, the mid west, the Wild West, and California.

Plus, most people on the Internet are from Europe, where there is not controversy about the name Switch.

You still haven't stated if this is simply your opinion, built on anecdotal evidence, or if you actually have links to articles and videos that have gained some level of traction that consider this a controversy at all. Putting together two pieces of logic doesn't suddenly create a controversy, especially when corporal punishment hasn't been a thing at the vast majority of public schools in decades. It isn't as if it isn't still an issue at schools that aren't as tightly regulated, or under a more archaic religious structure, but this seems like an overwhelmingly lowkey issue at worst.

Around the Network

The more I read this thread, the more I realize that a lot of you should stop trying to make joke threads. Stupidity isn't guaranteed humor. More often than not, it's just stupid.

I am 99% sure this is a joke thread gone wrong.

Either way though, its backed up by no evidence, sources of commonly acknowledged facts, a mix of which is required to justify any thread like this.

Locking.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS