By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Pro: The Worlds Most Powerful Console

Yeah.* But is it** the best selling*** console in America****?

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
Ganoncrotch said:
Captain_Yuri said:
Does anyone know if FFXV has any Pro features?

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/09/18/final-fantasy-xv-ps4-pro-support-confirmed/

Yeah it is going to have special support for the Pro, while at the point of this article it hadn't been revealed I'm fairly sure someone had a article about it being played on the system a while back and it was meant to play a heck of a lot smoother or something... I'll link if I can find it.

Edit - Found it http://www.gamezone.com/news/final-fantasy-xv-runs-a-lot-better-on-the-ps4-pro-3443575

The extra hardware power that the Pro will bring looks like it will be giving Final Fantasy XV a huge boost simply from a framerate perspective.  The Pro also gives Final Fantasy XV a boost in texture quality and foliage density, so combined with the framerate increase, it's giving this Final Fantasy fan reason to look harder at upgrading.

Thanks!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:
Ganoncrotch said:

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/09/18/final-fantasy-xv-ps4-pro-support-confirmed/

Yeah it is going to have special support for the Pro, while at the point of this article it hadn't been revealed I'm fairly sure someone had a article about it being played on the system a while back and it was meant to play a heck of a lot smoother or something... I'll link if I can find it.

Edit - Found it http://www.gamezone.com/news/final-fantasy-xv-runs-a-lot-better-on-the-ps4-pro-3443575

The extra hardware power that the Pro will bring looks like it will be giving Final Fantasy XV a huge boost simply from a framerate perspective.  The Pro also gives Final Fantasy XV a boost in texture quality and foliage density, so combined with the framerate increase, it's giving this Final Fantasy fan reason to look harder at upgrading.

Thanks!

Np, it really does sound like if you haven't already bought a PS4 then the Pro is definitely going to offer a generally smoother exp with most games, even at 1080p viewing, I mean just the thought of a machine hitting 60fps more often than it's lower speced brother would make me hand over the 100 extra euro at the time of purchase... but having already bought a launch model ps4 I'm happy to play my games on that for now.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ganoncrotch said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Thanks!

Np, it really does sound like if you haven't already bought a PS4 then the Pro is definitely going to offer a generally smoother exp with most games, even at 1080p viewing, I mean just the thought of a machine hitting 60fps more often than it's lower speced brother would make me hand over the 100 extra euro at the time of purchase... but having already bought a launch model ps4 I'm happy to play my games on that for now.

Yeaa I am just thinking whether or not $125 extra is worth it. Since I live in Canada, I can get Uncharted 4 bundle with 500gb slim for $376 or I can get the Pro for $500. I already pre-ordered FFXV so I am just thinking which is the better buy.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Yeaa I am just thinking whether or not $125 extra is worth it. Since I live in Canada, I can get Uncharted 4 bundle with 500gb slim for $376 or I can get the Pro for $500. I already pre-ordered FFXV so I am just thinking which is the better buy.

Honestly I would just say make that extra splash out and go with the Pro, just think... a few months down the line you'll always be thinking... could you be enjoying your gaming that little bit more if you encounter a game running poorly on the original model, the extra shadows, foilage textures and such for the pro patched games do look really nice too, like I said all the benefits of the pro seem to directly impact 1080p users too, no need for a 4k tv to get the bonus graphical power.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
Ganoncrotch said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Honestly I would just say make that extra splash out and go with the Pro, just think... a few months down the line you'll always be thinking... could you be enjoying your gaming that little bit more if you encounter a game running poorly on the original model, the extra shadows, foilage textures and such for the pro patched games do look really nice too, like I said all the benefits of the pro seem to directly impact 1080p users too, no need for a 4k tv to get the bonus graphical power.

Thats true and its why I am trying to see what the benefits of the pro version is. Cause I do still have a gaming PC so the only games I will be buying on the Pro are exclusives. If it had a 4k Bluray player, it would be a much easier pill to swallow cause my 4k TV does 4k Streaming already. I think instead of buying a Pro at launch, I will wait until FFXV reviews (as well as others) come out for the Pro and see how the difference is. If the difference is really good, then I will buy it but if it isn't, then eh. Since the games I have in mind to buy so far for ps4 is FFXV, Gravity Rush 2, Horizon, Persona 5 and FFVIIR. Really its just gonna be my jrpg machine loll. So we shall see.

Captain_Yuri said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Thats true and its why I am trying to see what the benefits of the pro version is. Cause I do still have a gaming PC so the only games I will be buying on the Pro are exclusives. If it had a 4k Bluray player, it would be a much easier pill to swallow cause my 4k TV does 4k Streaming already. I think instead of buying a Pro at launch, I will wait until FFXV reviews (as well as others) come out for the Pro and see how the difference is. If the difference is really good, then I will buy it but if it isn't, then eh. Since the games I have in mind to buy so far for ps4 is FFXV, Gravity Rush 2, Horizon, Persona 5 and FFVIIR. Really its just gonna be my jrpg machine loll. So we shall see.

Looking at the history of something like SE at least too in the past year or so it would be very likely to see FFXV finding its way onto your gaming PC at some point, since they have ported a massive amount (if not all) of the final fantasy franchise onto the PC it would be a strange move for them to hold away a game which would be a lot easier to port from the PS4/X1's X86 architechure, also would be true of the remake to FFVII down the line. Not the case of course with the sony exclusive stuff for now at least.

Culipechi said:
kind of irrelevant when PC is more powerfull.

IT clearly is relevant considering many are in the market for a gaming console only,  not a gaming pc. 

Nice, I want one myself but I think I'll hold off until early next year (when I can afford a 4ktv)

Edit: But then again.... FFXV

The PS5 Exists.