By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Trump claims evidence of voter fraud in Texas

Donald Trump pointed to Texas on Thursday as an example of the presidential election allegedly being rigged against him.

“A lot of call-ins about vote flipping at the voting booths in Texas,” he tweeted Thursday morning, citing no actual sources or reports. “People are not happy. BIG lines. What is going on?”

According to Snopes, “Reports are not flooding in from across Texas about vote switching.”

“Although rumors of ‘vote switching’ in Texas are rampant, we found only one case in which a report was investigated, and it was found to be unsubstantiated,” the rumor researching website said in a report Wednesday.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/trump-texas-vote-fraud-230384

There you have it more claims of voting system is rigged or fraud with no evidence to back it up.  If I remember correctly the fraudulent vote rate is 1 per 1 million votes cast in the USA, but here is Trump trying to make scandal out of nothing in Texas now.  I live in Texas and I wasn't aware early voting already started.  I believe I'll go vote tomorrow afternoon before work.  Don't worry Trump this vote for Clinton won't be fraudulent and it would be pretty damn funny if you lost Texas.

Around the Network

Trump also claims he is capable of being president of USA. So, you know, cant believe everthing he says.

Hiku said:
Trump also claims global warming is a hoax made up by China.

Yep, only a fool would invest in solar technology.  Those silly Chinese and Germans...  Soon they will be able to produce electricity without drilling.

Jpcc86 said:
Trump also claims he is capable of being president of USA. So, you know, cant believe everthing he says.
Hiku said:

Is this a parody topic? "Quoting no actual sources." "found to be unsubstantiated", etc.

Trump also claims global warming is a hoax made up by China.

You guys could get a Meme going "Trump  also claims ______"

Hes going to lose, and not be very gracious about it.

Wait a second... Further down into article we have now discovered Trump's source. His source is a facebook post.

"The Republican presidential nominee is likely referring to an allegation from a woman who posted on Facebook this week that she voted for Republicans up and down the ballot, though the summary of her votes showed that the Hillary Clinton-Tim Kaine ticket was checked, too.

“I tried to go back and change and could not get it to work,” the woman, who voted in Texas, said. “I asked for help from one of the workers and she couldn't get it to go back either. It took a second election person to get the machine to where I could correct the vote to a straight ticket.”

The woman urged voters to “double check your selections before you cast your vote!”

According to election officials, however, the problem was likely a “voter error,” not a sign of election rigging."

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/trump-texas-vote-fraud-230384

Around the Network
Bandorr said:

I'm more curious about the election fraud in Indiana (whose governor just happens to be pence) that is prevent 45,000 registered people from voting. Or the failed attempt at election fraud in Florida by trying to prevent 100k+ people from registering due to a hurricane.

Kicking people off voter rolls because they have the same or similar name as a felon isn't election fraud.  That is just how Republicans play ball.

Yeah, but Trump claims a lot of things.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Travel back with me to the election of 2004 where incumbent President George W bush defeated Democrat John Kerry. Across the country Bush received about 3 million more votes than John Kerry ,of course the popular vote does not matter in u.s. presidential elections because of the Electoral College. This is a strange and anachronistic feature of our presidential elections. Every state is allotted electorial votes based on Congressional representation, so every state has two senators so they get to electoral votes and from there it's decided by population like California has 55 electoral votes where Montana has 3. Most states allot their electoral votes to the candidate who gets the most votes in that state. A candidate needs a total of 270 electoral votes to win but might win some states by a large margin and lose others very narrowly it is possible to win the popular vote in the country but lose the election example Bush V Gore. If you're thinking all of this sounds bananas, I agree. But one of the very few even arguably upsides to the electorial college is it makes the u.s. presidential elections extremely hard to rig, because we're not actually having one election we're having 51 each governed by the separate states but in fact it's even more complicated than that because in every state counties and townships have their own elections with their own independent oversight so we're having thousands of Elections. This massively decentralized system protects against widespread fraud. Now none of this is to say our elections are perfect, voter suppression has been the Hallmark of US voting and suppression efforts have disproportionately targeted systemically disadvantaged voters. The poor initially and then when the franchise was extended women and people of color. Even today there are many political strategies for suppressing voters. Voter suppression is real but is not the same thing as widespread voter fraud which is not. In Most states observers from both major political parties monitor polling places to prevent fraud and fraud among voters is very rare. In the past 14 years that it there has been 31 substantiated cases of in-person voter fraud and 36 people have been killed by lightning strikes in this year alone. So the u.s. presidential election will not be rigged. Despite one of the major party presidential candidates is loudly and consistently claiming the election will be rigged. That there will be widespread voter fraud that people may vote 10 times that undocumented immigrants will vote and on and on. These are all simply lie's, they are not substantiated in any way and normalizing those conspiracies theories frankly scares the crap out of me. Because it means fewer Americans will trust our elections even when they are free and fair. I guess I understand fear mongering is part of of US politics but undermining the legitimacy of our political institutions without cause isn't. Hearing that unfounded rhetoric from a presidential candidate is a new and disturbing development in American political discourse. So I want to be very clear your vote will count the election will not be rigged if you're fortunate enough to be an eligible voter in the United States make your voice heard.

JustcallmeRiff said:
Travel back with me to the election of 2004 where incumbent President George W bush defeated Democrat John Kerry. Across the country Bush received about 3 million more votes than John Kerry ,of course the popular vote does not matter in u.s. presidential elections because of the Electoral College. This is a strange and anachronistic feature of our presidential elections. Every state is allotted electorial votes based on Congressional representation, so every state has two senators so they get to electoral votes and from there it's decided by population like California has 55 electoral votes where Montana has 3. Most states allot their electoral votes to the candidate who gets the most votes in that state. A candidate needs a total of 270 electoral votes to win but might win some states by a large margin and lose others very narrowly it is possible to win the popular vote in the country but lose the election example Bush V Gore. If you're thinking all of this sounds bananas, I agree. But one of the very few even arguably upsides to the electorial college is it makes the u.s. presidential elections extremely hard to rig, because we're not actually having one election we're having 51 each governed by the separate states but in fact it's even more complicated than that because in every state counties and townships have their own elections with their own independent oversight so we're having thousands of Elections. This massively decentralized system protects against widespread fraud. Now none of this is to say our elections are perfect, voter suppression has been the Hallmark of US voting and suppression efforts have disproportionately targeted systemically disadvantaged voters. The poor initially and then when the franchise was extended women and people of color. Even today there are many political strategies for suppressing voters. Voter suppression is real but is not the same thing as widespread voter fraud which is not. In Most states observers from both major political parties monitor polling places to prevent fraud and fraud among voters is very rare. In the past 14 years that it there has been 31 substantiated cases of in-person voter fraud and 36 people have been killed by lightning strikes in this year alone. So the u.s. presidential election will not be rigged. Despite one of the major party presidential candidates is loudly and consistently claiming the election will be rigged. That there will be widespread voter fraud that people may vote 10 times that undocumented immigrants will vote and on and on. These are all simply lie's, they are not substantiated in any way and normalizing those conspiracies theories frankly scares the crap out of me. Because it means fewer Americans will trust our elections even when they are free and fair. I guess I understand fear mongering is part of of US politics but undermining the legitimacy of our political institutions without cause isn't. Hearing that unfounded rhetoric from a presidential candidate is a new and disturbing development in American political discourse. So I want to be very clear your vote will count the election will not be rigged if you're fortunate enough to be an eligible voter in the United States make your voice heard.

Did you just type out an entire vlogbrothers video?

If he would just shut up until 8th nov. Saying notjing at all. NOTHING AT ALL. He would have a chance of becoming a president. But the moment he opens his mouth, only bullshit is dropping out of it.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3