Forums - Politics Discussion - Trump claims evidence of voter fraud in Texas

Donald Trump pointed to Texas on Thursday as an example of the presidential election allegedly being rigged against him.

“A lot of call-ins about vote flipping at the voting booths in Texas,” he tweeted Thursday morning, citing no actual sources or reports. “People are not happy. BIG lines. What is going on?”

According to Snopes, “Reports are not flooding in from across Texas about vote switching.”

“Although rumors of ‘vote switching’ in Texas are rampant, we found only one case in which a report was investigated, and it was found to be unsubstantiated,” the rumor researching website said in a report Wednesday.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/trump-texas-vote-fraud-230384

There you have it more claims of voting system is rigged or fraud with no evidence to back it up.  If I remember correctly the fraudulent vote rate is 1 per 1 million votes cast in the USA, but here is Trump trying to make scandal out of nothing in Texas now.  I live in Texas and I wasn't aware early voting already started.  I believe I'll go vote tomorrow afternoon before work.  Don't worry Trump this vote for Clinton won't be fraudulent and it would be pretty damn funny if you lost Texas.

Around the Network

Trump also claims he is capable of being president of USA. So, you know, cant believe everthing he says.

"Quoting no actual sources." "found to be unsubstantiated", etc.

Sounds like Trump alright. Trump's favorite source is "everybody says" and "I hear things".
Trump also claims global warming is a hoax made up by China.

Hiku said:

Yep, only a fool would invest in solar technology.  Those silly Chinese and Germans...  Soon they will be able to produce electricity without drilling.

Jpcc86 said:
Trump also claims he is capable of being president of USA. So, you know, cant believe everthing he says.
Hiku said:

Is this a parody topic? "Quoting no actual sources." "found to be unsubstantiated", etc.

You guys could get a Meme going "Trump  also claims ______"

Hes going to lose, and not be very gracious about it.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:

You guys could get a Meme going "Trump  also claims ______"

Trump also claims Mexico will pay for the wall. But didn't even discuss the issue during his meeting with the Mexican president.

Wait a second... Further down into article we have now discovered Trump's source. His source is a facebook post.

"The Republican presidential nominee is likely referring to an allegation from a woman who posted on Facebook this week that she voted for Republicans up and down the ballot, though the summary of her votes showed that the Hillary Clinton-Tim Kaine ticket was checked, too.

“I tried to go back and change and could not get it to work,” the woman, who voted in Texas, said. “I asked for help from one of the workers and she couldn't get it to go back either. It took a second election person to get the machine to where I could correct the vote to a straight ticket.”

The woman urged voters to “double check your selections before you cast your vote!”

According to election officials, however, the problem was likely a “voter error,” not a sign of election rigging."

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/trump-texas-vote-fraud-230384

http://www.snopes.com/texas-vote-switching/

Talks more about the story found in the article above.

Although apparently one machine did have a problem. So they switched to paper ballots. For that one day.
http://www.snopes.com/2016/10/26/texas-voting-glitch-paper-ballots/

I'm more curious about the election fraud in Indiana that is preventing 45,000 registered people from voting. Or the failed attempt at election fraud in Florida by trying to prevent 100k+ people from registering due to a hurricane.

• Deadliest mass shooting by an individual in US history (10/01/2017)
  • Deadliest high school shooting in US history (02/14/2018)
  • Deadliest massacre of Jews in US history (10/27/2018)
  • Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)
Bandorr said:

I'm more curious about the election fraud in Indiana (whose governor just happens to be pence) that is prevent 45,000 registered people from voting. Or the failed attempt at election fraud in Florida by trying to prevent 100k+ people from registering due to a hurricane.

Kicking people off voter rolls because they have the same or similar name as a felon isn't election fraud.  That is just how Republicans play ball.

sethnintendo said:
Bandorr said:

I'm more curious about the election fraud in Indiana (whose governor just happens to be pence) that is prevent 45,000 registered people from voting. Or the failed attempt at election fraud in Florida by trying to prevent 100k+ people from registering due to a hurricane.

Kicking people off voter rolls because they have the same or similar name as a felon isn't election fraud.  That is just how Republicans play ball.

I'm talking about how the registration place was raided by the police. There is a law that you must turn in ALL registration sheets no matter what (to prevent fraud) and that those sheets were used as justification to raid the place.

So a law designed to prevent fraud (throwing out sheets that only favor one party) is what they are using as "evidence" to investigation this africian american registration place that going door to door etc has registered over 45k people.

There has been no evidence released that they actually found fraud, but I also can't find any information saying whether they will allow those people to vote or not.

• Deadliest mass shooting by an individual in US history (10/01/2017)
  • Deadliest high school shooting in US history (02/14/2018)
  • Deadliest massacre of Jews in US history (10/27/2018)
  • Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)