By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Wii game from Ubisoft - My Word Coach

Erik Aston said:
Glad to finally see Ubisoft show off some more REAL Wii support. As in, ground-up exclusives. Now finally RRR2 is announced, and this Word Coach game could be a hit too... And obviously it will be a series, with other "coach" games... It will hopefully be a $30 Wii game/$20 DS game. I can't see them charging full price for a game like this...

Well, I would say that RRR and Red Steel were REAL Wii support for launch. After that, they came out with the most number of ports (Mostly Crap). Red Steel 2 and RRR2 are nice additions, and this Word Coach does look interesting.

As for the price, the DS game may be $20, following in the pricing for Brain Age. However, if Nintendo's pricing of Brain Academy Wii Degree is any indication, a $50 price tag is to be expected for the Wii version. Also, we are talking Ubisoft, who was charging full price for alot of its ports (Like PoP:RS). They should have done what Capcom did with RE4 and budget price it.

I am definately getting this for the DS, because I can be learned anywhere. Hurey fo wods.

Around the Network
your mother said:
BenKenobi88 said:
a great time waster that's a good thing.

Building on your vocabulary is a waste of time? Maybe a productive way to kill time, perhaps, but a waste?

I didn't mean that as an insult...I suppose I should have said "kill time" instead of "time waster"

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Shane said:
Here come the Brain Age clones. Next up: Wii Sports clones. Welcome to the future, where people don't like games like Zelda.

Yep, I expect there will be less games like Zelda. Actually, I think MGS, Assassin's Creed, Heavenly Sword and others of that ilk will suffer most: giant "blockbuster" titles with giant, "blockbuster" developmental costs. Those I expect to significantly reduce in number. You make it sound like that's inherently a bad thing: I'm personally looking forward to it.

And please, everyone stop knocking Shane. He's always reasonable, never curses or slanders. I don't agree with him, but we really need to stop automatically knocking anyone who dislikes the Wii and/or prefers the PS3. If we want this community to grow -- and not just be a bunch of Wii fan boys who bully every 360/PS3 owner out of the community the second they arrive -- we'd better start behaving courteously.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

I'm still waiting for an SAT prep game

I want more word puzzle games. Majesco just released a NYTimes Crossword Puzzle collection for the DS.

Around the Network

I hope someone does a foreign language trainer soon. I would like to learn japanese.

OMG 3RD Party support like crazy.... Wii getting exclusive word game.... This should be a budget title, but there are a bunch of Wii titles right now that should be budget but are being sold at full price so I'm guessing it will be full price.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!