By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Mario Kart 8 Has Now Sold 8 Million Units Worldwide, system only sold 13 million units!

Outside of Pokemon, this is Nintendo's biggest series, and it shows! I'm wondering if Nintendo is making for the Switch. A Double Dash remake using the MK8 engine and graphics might not be enough to convince MK8 users to buy it, but it would be one hell of a launch title.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

Amazing sales for an amazing game. Mario Kart can do no wrong.

Two things come to my mind:

1) Majority of Wii U owners bought the system full well of wanting Mario Kart because its a great game....or...
2) There's only a handful of good games you could buy when the library is lacking so not a lot of options to choose from.

...I'm not one of those 8 million but that's an insane ratio!

Thats great. IMO its the best MK of the whole franchise and among the 3 best games of the Wiiu.

Every Wii US owner should own Mario Kart and Super Smash brothers

Around the Network

guess they are still making money at least even though the Wii U sold like dog shit lol

TBH I bought MK8 due to lack off games releasing and to support a struggling Nintendo but damn first MK game I played since MK64 and what a blinder it was. So much fun 2player online

Evatallica said:

Nah I don't like smash Bros at all.

Darwinianevolution said:
Outside of Pokemon, this is Nintendo's biggest series, and it shows! I'm wondering if Nintendo is making for the Switch. A Double Dash remake using the MK8 engine and graphics might not be enough to convince MK8 users to buy it, but it would be one hell of a launch title.

MK8 users are likely hardcore Nintendo fans since they're a tiny minority of people who bought the Wii U. I don't think they need much more insentive other then Nintendo hosting an event in January where they announce new Nintendo games that aren't on Wii U :p 

I think they will simply make an ehanced MK8 with a bit more content in it and call it a day.

Nogamez said:
Evatallica said:

Nah I don't like smash Bros at all.

Damn, really? lol. I'd ask why but that's not the topic of discussion.