By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch Will Ship 2 Million Units in Launch Month, Says President

Hiku said:
Nautilus said:
2 million seem decent enough.Not great though.

Should be noted though, that they plan to ship that many unit just to sell in the remaining days of march, so it wont be the total shipment for a full month.So lets say that the Switch launches on the 20th, so they "plan" to sell 2 millions in 10 days.But they could also launch the system in the 10th.So it really depends on the day it launches to say if this is good or bad news.But it is safe to say that it will be way less than 30 days.I think the minimum is to last 20 days.

Well Switch will seemingly launch March 4, so that's pretty close to a full month if that's the case.

Oh yeah, the amiibo release date leak.If thats the case, then those shipment numbers dosent look that good.Hopefully if the demand is there(through pre-orders and research groups), Nintendo will increase the shipment numbers.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

Their only shipping 2m at launch? seems abit low?

Faelco said:

Well, what he's saying now about "you'll understand the difference between 3DS and Switch soon" kinda proves that they are planning to keep 2 different devices . . . 

You're reading waaaay too much into it.

2 mil in a month? Sounds like they're being pretty optimistic.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cloudman said:

I don't think shipping 2 million units globally for launch month is optimistic...

Around the Network
hunter_alien said:
So first shipment will stand at 2 million. Lucky me that I live in Romania and will be able to pick one up from the store day 1 without having to wait in line

Not a lot of Nintendo love in Romania?

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Barkley said:
Cloudman said:

I don't think shipping 2 million units globally for launch month is optimistic...

Oh, only shipping 2 mil. I thought they meant selling. Yeah, they should be shipping more than that, and I guess I need to pre-order the console as well.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cloudman said:

No it's not. Really not. It's pretty conservative. They could push 4 million to stuff all retail channels. They likely want to prevent stories of surplus supply and good stories like shortage supply.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

So, that means early march release!?

So 4 month to go!!!

I see this first shipment selling out quite easily just based in what we know so far. If 10% of the craziest rumours turn out to be true, the system will be sell like water in the desert for quite a while.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.