By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo lied to their fans - They don't deserve success with the Switch!

The Switch must fail!

Yes! 38 25.17%

No! 113 74.83%

Total:151

I wonder how quick Nintendo will pull the switch on the Switch too.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network

I know this will sound like an accusation, but you don't happen to be a Gamemaster87 alt, are you? Your thread really reminds me of that guy.

While it's obvious everything he said isn't true, I think we should realize he himself began to doubt the Wii U. He had to take 2 massive cuts to his paycheck just from the Wii U.

Considering how long they worked on it, he probably didn't want to ditch it so quickly (I know I wouldn't want to either). Unfortunately, the Wii U suffered the worst case scenario and flopped. The good thing is that the concept is improved upon within the switch, and many great games were made within this generation (and many best-of's came as well; sm4sh, Mario maker, etc).

You're probably a troll, so I won't take this so seriously. As much as iwata personally cared for gamers, even he had to look at nintendo in the business perspective. Unfortunately, he died before deciding many vital things for Nintendo. On the brighter side, he doesn't need to see the death of the Wii U and has left a great impact

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

hershel_layton said:
While it's obvious everything he said isn't true, I think we should realize he himself began to doubt the Wii U. He had to take 2 massive cuts to his paycheck just from the Wii U.

Considering how long they worked on it, he probably didn't want to ditch it so quickly (I know I wouldn't want to either). Unfortunately, the Wii U suffered the worst case scenario and flopped. The good thing is that the concept is improved upon within the switch, and many great games were made within this generation (and many best-of's came as well; sm4sh, Mario maker, etc).

You're probably a troll, so I won't take this so seriously. As much as iwata personally cared for gamers, even he had to look at nintendo in the business perspective. Unfortunately, he died before deciding many vital things for Nintendo. On the brighter side, he doesn't need to see the death of the Wii U and has left a great impact

He did take 2 paycuts this generation, but wasn't one of them actually over the 3DS? I don't recall both paycuts being over the Wii U.

There needs to be a new word for lies that we don't even know are lies yet.

Blies? ( i believe they are lies)

Glies? (these are going to be lies)

Flies? (F**k you for going to lie to me)

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network
Porcupine_I said:

There already is a word." Promises".

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I tots agree, but I dont really care since I have traded in my Wii U to gamestop and been waiting for swtich since then.

Well what's the release schedule for Wii u and 3ds in 2017? Either way I don't care because cross gen ports and still developing for ps3 360 is what really held gen 7 back in 2014. Such a slow start to it was really bad. Plus even if people have just bought a 3ds there is a huge back catalogue and there is some real treasures on Wii u. Stop batching and chill out.

vivster said:

BTW since OP failed to deliver a source.

"Regarding your concern about what will happen to Wii U or what will happen to Nintendo 3DS, NX is a new platform, so the installed base will have to be built up from zero. When NX is launched, there already will be a certain volume of Nintendo 3DS and Wii U hardware widely existing in the market, so from a software business perspective, it would be highly inefficient to stop releasing titles for Nintendo 3DS or Wii U right after the launch of NX. Therefore, while we are preparing NX for the future, we are discussing within our internal development teams as well as with the second-party developers we co-develop software with and also with third-party software publishers about how to continue creating software for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS. So, I believe that your point of concern should not happen immediately. As for Wii U, we will continue to make efforts, as it is a priority within the company to think about how we can satisfy the consumers who purchased this system to the maximum extent possible."

https://www.gamnesia.com/news/iwata-says-nintendo-wont-stop-making-3ds-and-wii-u-games-when-nx-comes-out

Incidentally nothing in that statement says outright that they will still be supporting it. It's more like wishy washy PR talk that says "maybe we'll look into it if we have to".

Thank you for providing the quote. I've noticed many people can't accurately paraphrase. 

I feel like people who felt cheated by the Wii U need to be more critical with their purchases. I dont see at what point it looked like a system with tons of diverse yearly releases and a long, healthy future ahead of it. 

vivster said:
Porcupine_I said:

There already is a word." Promises".

Sure, but that's a old peoples word. We need something fresh that shows our premature outrage in all it's glory.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’