By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Can someone explain why some games miss data? Like europe..

So one of my favorite things to do here is watch how close a game is to hitting the big million mark, yet many games don't seem to recieve any tracking here despite showing up on official chartz in europe, such as ace combat 6 and scene it. Scene it in particular is a game I see possibly breaking a million if it ever gets full data added.

The question is, why is data not added when it could be, like the technical reason.

Note: Some games in my collection are no longer owned, but have owned.

Around the Network

Sometimes its technical but there are a huge amount of games in the database so not all can be updated. Data for europe is really hard to come by as there is no single tracker for all of europe. Alot of games have duplicate entry's as well.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions

yeah I noticed the dupe entries, pgr4 is actually over the 800k mark but for some reason the US data is seperated from the euro/japan data. It would just seem that if scene it shows up on a UK chart that vgchartz could add it.. I mean how else do they add the euro data?

ioi recieves data from eu countries.

i know you don't believe it since you're a gaffer, but please do

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

I actually trust iois euro data well enough, that's why im ya know, asking why some games just have none. Just that if other sources show scene it, shouldnt vgchartz? Cant say it sold 0 copies there ya know?

Around the Network
goldenpp72 said:
I actually trust iois euro data well enough, that's why im ya know, asking why some games just have none. Just that if other sources show scene it, shouldnt vgchartz? Cant say it sold 0 copies there ya know?

i understand your point, however, he can't simply (i'm gonna take the famous quote used) 'pull numbers out of his ass' and add some random number to the game in the hope it's close to reality.

Usually it takes a lot of work for a single game that is hard to track, to get correct numbers. In these cases he adds euro data after some time if there is any official announcement made about it, or when he has collected enough data of the game to be sure of it

The biggest one is the MGS series. People keep bringing up these 4.5m numbers and such, but it was actually MUCH higher because we don't have Other sales. Konami has even gone on record with WAY higher shipment sales.

well for older games its different, but stuff that just came out should be easier to track.. Scene it, ace combat, naruto, etc.

goldenpp72 said:
well for older games its different, but stuff that just came out should be easier to track.. Scene it, ace combat, naruto, etc.

Why is that? those games hardly show(ed) up in individual charts around europe. Essentially this means it's more difficult to track, thus leading to no sales added to the game.

An example is Sonic and the Secret Rings. No one ever thought this would be a million seller. It stayed around 700k for a while and didnt chart at all in americas. However, it still occasionally showed (and still shows) up in the euro charts (the UK top 40 one), so ioi added alot of sales (it has reached over a million now), but this just happened now, while it missed 10, maybe 15 weeks of sales, that have been adjusted now.

Just have some patience, it will be added eventually.

you say that, yet something like PGR4 which has been tracked in both europe and USA by vgchartz has still not been fixed and merged despite ioi being aware of it. I just want to know if this is an act of laziness, lack of time or just no ability to get the data.

Scene it will reach 500k in america soonish, 360 titles tend to do half the US performance in europe (averaged) so would that not be a worthwhile bit of data?