By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - SuperChunky Theory - NS will have VR at launch!

bonzobanana said:
I think VR could have saved Switch but I don't think it has it now and to be honest the Switch looks like a total train wreck. If the development kit spec is right its hopelessly underpowered and pretty retro hardware.

It would be better if people just refused to buy it and pushed Nintendo into being a third party developer/publisher.

Amazon did seem to think Switch would have VR but it would be madness for Nintendo to announce it without mentioning VR if it had it.

I just feel Nintendo have lost the plot.

I don't think its a product for the mainstream.. Nintendo fans only I think whose numbers seem to be shrinking every generation with the exception of the wii.

As disappointed as I am with the NS, I still think it will do decently whether or not it has VR (I have no idea how it can have VR with the kind of specs people are speculating on).  The ability to have instant local multiplayer with anyone close by with a fairly strong device will bring back lan parties and as long as Nintendo totally revamps their online, gives it a good price point (something like $250) takes away region locking and goes all-in on a unified 1st party library, I can't see the NS failing.  That being said, if Apple and Samsung take exception to Nintendo's presence in the tablet market or if Microsoft and Sony decide they want a piece of the tablet gaming action, Nintendo might be screwed.

Around the Network
Slarvax said:
ArchangelMadzz said:
Why is this still happening? I thought it would be over after it was revealed.

Oh Archangel, how naive you can be.

It'll only get worse.

Rumours, rumours never change.

VR with 720p and without OLED? Yeah, no, absolutely zero chance for that to happen.
Techs aside, VR would be quite the opposite of what Nintendo is trying to achieve with Switch. They focus a lot on the whole social thing with multiplayer on the go etc.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

I still highly doubt that it would.. since Nintendo likes to be different

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Ugh.

Hunting Season is done...