By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Playstation Change and Xbox Twist

Yes, because ______ 21 29.17%

No, because ______ 51 70.83%

Total:72

OP:

SONY already makes smartphones yearly, I wouldn't be surprised if they give it another shot. (Xperia play was AWFUL).

Around the Network

No because, sony already tried the mobile market and failed and Microsoft doesn't have the first party to support sutch a device and is already playing catch-up on sony in the current gen home console market

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Sony already has Remote Play for Vita, Android, PC, Mac, and PSTV.

Xbox already has Xbox Anywhere on Windows 10.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

LurkerJ said:

Is the NS content that vague for you?

It's obviously not gonna most of AAA third party games that are on the PS4.

The NS will have all Nintendo studios pumping games its way.

How is this "obvious"? I see every major 3rd party listed on the "sample" partner list. I also see every middleware listed. I don't think it is obvious by any stretch of the definition. We'll have to wait and see what happens in Jan/Feb when companies start to state what they are actually brining to NS.

superchunk said:
LurkerJ said:

Is the NS content that vague for you?

It's obviously not gonna most of AAA third party games that are on the PS4.

The NS will have all Nintendo studios pumping games its way.

How is this "obvious"? I see every major 3rd party listed on the "sample" partner list. I also see every middleware listed. I don't think it is obvious by any stretch of the definition. We'll have to wait and see what happens in Jan/Feb when companies start to state what they are actually brining to NS.

It's obvious to me. The reasons are there for those who want to see them.

I wouldn't hate it but let's be real. If a 5 year old game is the one they picked to show from a list for the hyped as fuck reveal trailer, a game that will be available on 5 platforms by the time NS is released, and will be considered an old port by every metric there is, then the list they picked from isn't that impressive. Needless to say, most partners list don't mean much, Ubisoft confirmed Just Dance for the NS, so they made it to the list.

... and that's not a problem this time around, that's the whole point of the NS. All Nintendo studios behind one single platform. What could go wrong? 

Around the Network

No because their targets are completely different from Nintendo. The Move/Kinect were a periphericals that used the power of their consoles, but a brand new home console with the hardware in the tablet will disappoint the majority of their consumers cause of the low performance. Only Nintendo can offer a very outdated hardware for home console and hope to sell it. I want to clarify that I am not criticizing Nintendo, because the graphics reached the present day is fine for me.

In a certain way Sony just did something similar, PS Vita and Vita TV. You just have to switch the memory card from an hardware to another, and you have the games on tv, then reswitch the memory card to Vita and you got the portable. Ok, the process isn't as immediately as switch, but the majority doesn't want to play last gen game (compared to PS4) on the tv, they want a new hardware with new possibilities and no a new hardware with the same possibilities as Wii U (The reveal trailer of Switch looks like a Wii U with a better pad to me, even the same games were shown, and other that could run on Wii U too like Skyrim). If someone got two memory cards the process could be faster, with the savedata in cloud, so you didn't have to switch nothing, but no one cares about PS Vita quality on tv.

It won't happen because the Switch won't be successful.