By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's new console won't support your old games (Wii U & 3DS)

This makes Mario Kart 8's appearance in the Nintendo Switch trailer a lot more interesting.

Presumably you'll be able to download the game for free if you already own it, but I guess anything is possible.

Around the Network

The only thing that was on the table was 3DS backwards compatibility, and I am fine with it not being supported with the Switch. I plan to transition my 3DS games to Citra where I can play them in 1080p. There was no way they'd have direct Wii U support without software emulation, and knowing that it was a hybrid console told us that the chances of that would be unlikely. That is why I decided to buy a Wii U last December rather than wait for the Switch. For those of you who wanted a Wii U, I am sure you can find them cheap once the Switch releases.

Damn, was hoping at least 3ds or digital...

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                      Anime: Love Live
                              Nsfw Anime Thread                                                                             Join our Anime Threads!
                             Sfw Anime Thread                                                                                VGC Tutorial Thread

They learned with ps4 vs xbox.
BC wasnt essential. PS4 sold without it, xbox sold far less with it.
It would compromise the entire project too.
expected.

Duplicate thread: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221632&page=1
Locking