By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 360 port or the new HD version of skyrim on Switch?

shikamaru317 said:
Neither it seems:

“We’re happy to have had the opportunity to collaborate with Nintendo on the video. While we are not confirming any specific titles at this time, we are pleased to announce our partnership with Nintendo and support of the Switch. We look forward to revealing specific games and details in the future,” a spokesperson told GamesIndustry.biz. So they will be bringing their games to all three consoles from now on, but Skyrim isn’t officially confirmed for Switch.

Wow. That's surprising news. So likely more then some HD ports then.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
Nuvendil said:

Well, Bethesda's PC specs have always tied into their lack of good optimization :P

But the issue with building from the original PC version is the main, major improvement is the new lighting and rendering going on.  And the only difference from the PC version and the console versions was that you could turn up the settings.  They are still very similar.

The easiest way to reduce requirements on the console version is to scale back some of the easily scalable features.  LOD can be reduced a bit, AA and AF reduced a bit, run it at 720p.  Still be a marked improvement over the original close enough to the Xbone version. 

It could be the new shaders and new/improved effects are resource intensive. The Switch is small device and you may be over simplifying the port process.

The original PC version is less resource intensive. Switch could probably run it with highest settings 1080p/30 fps. That's a good reason to go with that version versus a scaled back remaster.

Well the issue is I can see plain as day those shader elements at play.  Now maybe that's just a brief test piece they put together for the vide and it won't come out that way in the end, but this looks like the remaster.  It would have been very helpful if we saw a scene from the slopes of the Throat of the World, I could make more concrete judgments if I could see LOD quality, draw distance, and exactly what was being rendered at a distance. 

Haha well they just lied lol and I'm guessing skyrim will never even come to switch. Guess I'll be buying my boy the bone version then unless Bethesda hurry up and announce it before December. -1 to switch

pastro243 said:
At first I wouldv'e thought this question was trolling, but if specs are true it could very well be the original version with bonus content or something like that. Maybe that's why Bethesda didn't confirm anything

Why would you think I'm trolling? I've not played skyrim much at all and not since 2011. I had no idea which version was "shown". Turns out none lol 

It would have to be the Special Edition IMO. A last gen port would be disappointing in my eyes for both Nintendo AND Bethesada.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network

The video was not the original version, not sure if was the full remaster but it was a remaster.

Nogamez said:
Haha well they just lied lol and I'm guessing skyrim will never even come to switch. Guess I'll be buying my boy the bone version then unless Bethesda hurry up and announce it before December. -1 to switch

They just said they couldn't talk about it, and then Nintendo said: no more talk about games until 2017.

Obviously is coming, this is just a Nintendo requirement, to shut up until 2017.

It will be the hd version.I mean, we cant be sure, but it needs to be that one, and I dont think Nintendo would be happy with the original version.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Goodnightmoon said:
Nogamez said:

They just said they couldn't talk about it, and then Nintendo said: no more talk about games until 2017.

Obviously is coming, this is just a Nintendo requirement, to shut up until 2017.

Hmmm hopefully then but I kinda wanted to buy my kiddo Skyrim HD for xmas with a xbone, but if was coming on switch I wouldn't even bother getting him a xbone because in my experience they are pretty crap 😳, I would just get him a switch. Maybe I should buy myself a switch 😜 and pick up a copy of skyrim for him when and if. But then I would have to rethink his xmas presents. Goddamit nintedo release a launch lineup already

I remember people criticizing Nintendo when they used other consoles footage as Wii U's graphics (Ninja Gaiden 3). We have gone a long way since then (watch dogs, witcher 3 etc). If NS versions Slyrim doesn't produce visuals of that caliber then it will be shitty because platform holders are getting very careful about this matter.