By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NX reveal imminent! What Nintendo needs to do to slay during the reveal?

I'm not talking only about what the console is about, but what do they need to show and how do they need to show it?

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network

Price Competitively
Not have a stupid name
Surprise us (in a good way)

Give a free hooker ticket (for me anyway)

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Not a teaser, show something solid. But I guess in three minutes all you can really do is tease =(
But, hey, I am happy, I thought we would have to wait till january.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

What it is
Price
3rd party

at least for me

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

People are going to this teaser expecting things that arent simply possible to fir in 3 minutes.So being realistic, I expect them to:

1. Reveal the official name and logo
2.Show how the machine looks, just like with the Wii.
3.Reveal date for the full reveal, or at least the window for it.
4.Show one game or two, being the most likely BOTW.

Make that, and Im happy for now.And I dont expect to see the full reveal after the holidays.Rumours is another thing.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

As long as they clarify what the thing is, unlike the Wii U's first trailer, that should be a good start.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Platina said:
What it is
Price
3rd party

at least for me

3rd party games, at a 3 min console reveal tease... Your dreanin mate.

A name that doesn't contain 'Wii' would be a pretty good start. That, or the name needs to make it clear it's not Wii.

Also, some innovation would help, and so would having enough games now and in the future. In practice, having games probably means having good third-party support.

1. What it is
2. NX final name
3. NX full reveal event date
4. Red Dead Redemption 2 announced for NX (this would show that Nintendo is serious about third party support)

There's nothing special they have to do in the presentation. The bottom line is that they have to have a strong concept. If it's the simple pure hybrid that's been proposed, I don't anticipate good things. If it's something more interesting, it'll work.