By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dragon Quest Builders outsells DQHeroes and DQVIIR in UK (first week)

Vena said:
ZODIARKrebirth said:
Makes me happy to see that japanese games are doing good in our countries:)

Not to burst your bubble, but all three of those titles sold like garbage in UK. This isn't an accomplishment... unless you consider <5k as an accomplishment and/or "good".

I consider all of it commically bad, and irrelevant.

This didn't stopped you comparing Builders and VII on amazon ranking some weeks ago on gaf's media create thread though. I remember that you said something along these lines ''speaking of DQ, Builders isn't doing well on Amazon, VII is ranking higher etc''. Now that the game opened higher despite all the damage control the comparison is commically bad and irrelevant?

okay...

Around the Network
Roketan said:

This didn't stopped you comparing Builders and VII on amazon ranking some weeks ago on gaf's media create thread though. I remember that you said something along these lines ''speaking of DQ, Builders isn't doing well on Amazon, VII is ranking higher etc''. Now that the game opened higher despite all the damage control the comparison is commically bad and irrelevant?

okay...

If you have such selective memory, things will looks strange indeed. I was talking about the US market... you know, the one where 3DS software isn't completely dead? It also wasn't about "one doing well the other not doing well", it was about one doing worse than the other in a scenario where no doubt both did poorly.

My statement was factual (on Amazon) but speculative, your statement about it here... is irrelevant, much like these sales.

Vena said:
Roketan said:

okay...

If you have such selective memory, things will looks strange indeed. I was talking about the US market... you know, the one where 3DS software isn't completely dead? It also wasn't about "one doing well the other not doing well", it was about one doing worse than the other in a scenario where no doubt both did poorly.

My statement was factual (on Amazon) but speculative, your statement about it here... is irrelevant, much like these sales.

Wonder what excuse you will find when DQXI for PS4 will outsell the NX (or 3DS) version in US/EU. And no my statement is not irrelevant because you can't change your opinion on something based on different forums, preferences and mostly when something suits your preferable platform holder. 

Cloudman said:
I feel personally this isn't something I can applaud for, as it feels like it borrows a lot from Minecraft to the point where it is essentially MC with Dragon Quest characters in it. Using the success to of another game to sell your own is not something I can applaud, and I expected better of Square Enix.

Uninformed posts like these should be a bannable offense by the mods, seriously. If you had even made the slightest effort to learn more about the game you'd know it's nothing like Minecraft. No it's essentials are nothing like MC. The core game is a rpg with main story and quests, the building elements feel like the classics like Suikoden and Dark Cloud. But here you are giving your 2 cents on something you know nothing about. What was the wise old adage? Don't judge a book by its cover.

Seriously worst post of the day.

Ruler said:
seems minecraft has competition

Lol XD 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Roketan said:
Vena said:

Wonder what excuse you will find when DQXI for PS4 will outsell the NX (or 3DS) version in US/EU.

Probably the same excuse you would use about the fact DQVIIR sold 1,3 million in Japan and the 3 versions of DQB only sold 600K. I wish Sony fans would stop with this childish behavior and realize this stupid war isn't hurting Nintendo or Sony, it's hurting the entire japanese industry. Japanese videogames are doing awful numbers on Sony systems this gen because for years you bashed Nintendo about "old gen looking games" not being worth the money. Well it backfired hard. The sad thing is you will probably do the same mistake about the NX. You'll never learn.

User was moderated for this post ~StarOcean

goofskullface said:
Roketan said:

Wonder what excuse you will find when DQXI for PS4 will outsell the NX (or 3DS) version in US/EU.

Probably the same excuse you would use about the fact DQVIIR sold 1,3 million in Japan and the 3 versions of DQB only sold 600K. I wish Sony fans would stop with this childish behavior and realize this stupid war isn't hurting Nintendo or Sony, it's hurting the entire japanese industry. Japanese videogames are doing awful numbers on Sony systems this gen because for years you bashed Nintendo about "old gen looking games" not being worth the money. Well it backfired hard. The sad thing is you will probably do the same mistake about the NX. You'll never learn.

reported. i don't answer to people who call me fangirl and accuse me of childish behavior out of the blue only because i have a different opinion.

And for the record your post is full of mistakes. Builders is at 800k+ in Japan alone (with digital) and it's well above 1million in Asia. And no i have no excuses for the fact that DQ7R outsold it. After all it's a remake of a mainline game vs a spin off. Who in his right mind would expect a spin off to do better than a mainline game. Oh wait, you...

Well, looks like Minecraft is so damn successful even clones with fanservice can get a piece of the cake. The game does look good anyways so it's ok.

Turkish said:
Cloudman said:
I feel personally this isn't something I can applaud for, as it feels like it borrows a lot from Minecraft to the point where it is essentially MC with Dragon Quest characters in it. Using the success to of another game to sell your own is not something I can applaud, and I expected better of Square Enix.

Uninformed posts like these should be a bannable offense by the mods, seriously. If you had even made the slightest effort to learn more about the game you'd know it's nothing like Minecraft. No it's essentials are nothing like MC. The core game is a rpg with main story and quests, the building elements feel like the classics like Suikoden and Dark Cloud. But here you are giving your 2 cents on something you know nothing about. What was the wise old adage? Don't judge a book by its cover.

Seriously worst post of the day.

Wow, this is the harshest comment I've gotten from someone. I think this is something new for me, and I kinda appreciate that. Anyways, I have seen a fair amount of gameplay and screenshots, and I have played a lot of MC, so I know how MC plays, and looking at this game, it looks like that. If you take out the DQ characters and look at it, it looks quite a bit like MC and I don't think can be denied. I mean, don't forget, the title of the game is Dragon Quest BUILDERS. The major draw of the game is that part. Sure, there are other elements to add to the MC formula, but at its core, it borrows a lot from it. It looks less like a new game building on the MC concept, and more so like MC with DQ characters. If it's fun, that's great, but when it's going with something that is massively successful, it looks to me like it's riding on the success of that, and I cannot applaud anyone who does that.

You don't have to agree with me, though.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

pokoko said:
Cloudman said:

Infiniminer, a game that came out before Minecraft.

This is how gaming progresses.  

I agree that a concept or an idea can be built upon and expanded into something new and better, but DBQ doesn't feel that way. It feels more so like MC with DQ characters placed in, rather than a new concept. Perhaps if they didn't make the world look very much like MC.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread