By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Red Steel 2 online 'confirmed'

It seems more and more that Metroid Prime 3 won't have online multiplayer. :o

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

Around the Network
albionus said:

Geeze, why is it impossible to ask a question about or bring up Red Steel without people having to say for the 1000th time that they hate the game.

Because it sucks.  :)

MP3 is not going to be a big online shooter.  It isn't even a shooter (how many times has that been said around here, heh), and its multiplayer will be an afterthought if it's included at all. 

Entroper said:
albionus said:

Geeze, why is it impossible to ask a question about or bring up Red Steel without people having to say for the 1000th time that they hate the game.

MP3 is not going to be a big online shooter.  It isn't even a shooter (how many times has that been said around here, heh), and its multiplayer will be an afterthought if it's included at all. 

Thanks Fido.

Entroper said:
albionus said:

But wouldn't they include online because the DS game was already online? And this is the Wii version, so it should be online.... times 2!

z64dan said:
Entroper said:
albionus said:

But wouldn't they include online because the DS game was already online? And this is the Wii version, so it should be online.... times 2!

was there online on the DS version   Was there a DS version

SSBB: 1977-0005-2980 (JOEY) MKWii: 4382-2877-5902 (Joeykanga)
Wii:4027-0084-9432-1532             PM me if you add me.
Tag courtesy of fkusumot: Joeykanga - "Just post something once, don't ruin the thread"
Around the Network

he is taking about metroid hunters. But no, as far as we know Metroid isn't online it is a single player game. and Metroid isn't a fps.

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

It isn't really BUT it technically is a FPS game.

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

xstonexcold316x said:
Legend11 said:
When the title said confirmed I was expecting to read a press release or interview with one of the people working on the game.
red steel was a good game and i dont no why alot of ppl hated it

Lots of people play games with too many preconceived notions and can't enjoy the game.

I rented it to see what it was all about yesterday and it really ain't all that bad to me. Not the horror everyone else was making it out to be. That's why I always trust my own opinion. I'll pay heed to other people's words to walk with caution but I decide the merit based on my experience with the game.

It needs more polish and flexibility and from what little I saw needs a more robust multiplayer but it really wasn't all that bad. A FPS with swordplay is a fresh idea. I got XIII on GC also published by Ubisoft and the game is very good and original.

Is it the best FPS out there? No. Is it the worst? No. But with the Wiimote it shows promise of something great if refined better. The sequel may surpass the original.

Remember guys Street Fighter I was surpassed by its sequel too. 'Street Fighter I?' you ask? Exactly. Hardly anyone remembers the original game which led to becoming a worldwide smash.

John Lucas

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

johnlucas said:

Remember guys Street Fighter I was surpassed by its sequel too. 'Street Fighter I?' you ask? Exactly. Hardly anyone remembers the original game which led to becoming a worldwide smash.

John Lucas

Oh, I remember all too well. Simply groundbreaking at the time, even though you could only choose Ryu or Ken. Beating Sagat without learning the uppercut was a stroke of luck more than anything else, but that game seriously rocked in its time.

Oh, I´d really like a Red Steel Sequel, I don´t own the first game thoughcuz it got so bad critics. Oh and what do you think Retro was working for 6 months? The controls? There is a good chance of bringing Prime online and with the new controls it really feels more like a FPS. Even IGN mentioned there seemed to be more shooting this time...