By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Red Steel 2 online 'confirmed'

Ubisoft posted a job announcement looking for an online programmer for Wii projects. The listing states that the job is in their "Production Studio in Paris, where Red Steel and Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter games have been developed."

It seems kind of likely that this involves Red Steel 2, which was itself basically announced via job listing, but let's not get out our Jump to Conclusions Mats. Yes, slicing your friends up online would be pretty great. But Ubisoft works on a lot of games other than Red Steel, and there are a lot of things you can do online that aren't playing games, as Nintendo has ably demonstrated with every Wii channel.

Around the Network

yeah, nintendo seems to know what to do with online with anything but games

hopefully the game is actually good.

Online sequel to crap game.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network
Legend11 said:
When the title said confirmed I was expecting to read a press release or interview with one of the people working on the game.
red steel was a good game and i dont no why alot of ppl hated it

Didnt like red steel, but saw great potential in it. A sequal could be great

XBOX LIVE Gamertag: QuantumTarntno

Crackdown - Enchanted Arms - Oblivion - Samurai Warriors 2 - GRAW - GRAW2 -Lost Planet - Guitar Hero 2 - Star Trek Legacy - Double Agent - WWE 2007

Wii 4237-4425-6442-7626

Mario Party 8 - Rayman Raving Rabbids - Excite Truck - Zelda: Twilight Princess - Godfather - Wii Play

Well could be Red Steel 2 or possible another unannounced game. Or maybe that BIA: Double Time. Either way I think we all know Red Steel 2 is coming and when it does it will have online. And it will be just tha tmuch better than the first. Could be Wii's big online shooter. But it's inevitable as we know the first one went platinum.

Zucas said:
Well could be Red Steel 2 or possible another unannounced game. Or maybe that BIA: Double Time. Either way I think we all know Red Steel 2 is coming and when it does it will have online. And it will be just tha tmuch better than the first. Could be Wii's big online shooter. But it's inevitable as we know the first one went platinum.
i agree but it wont be their big online shooter is Mertiod Prime 3

Geeze, why is it impossible to ask a question about or bring up Red Steel without people having to say for the 1000th time that they hate the game. I'm beginning to think Pavlov's dog had more mental activity before salivating after the bell than you guys have after hearing/reading "Red Steel".

On topic though this sounds cool. I hope Ubisoft puts their extra time and experience to good use. By the time the game comes out playing games online should be well established on the Wii so I don't think that would be a hindrance to online multiplayer.  Whether it would be the best online FPS action on the Wii is another matter (I know I'd be playing BWii a lot more).