By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 73 Game Thread - Is that you, Archer?

zero129 said:
spurgeonryan said:
Prof always does that. What don't you like about something he always does?

Are you just trying to stir up paranoia?^

Are you trying to buddy up to him or something?. Im simply stating a fact that i dont like how prof has done the exact same thing this game he has done the last one when he was mafia. He placed a vote on me last game for no reason only to then remove it before the lynch.

He starts of this game by placing a vote and then leaving most likely to come back and remove it before time.

Id like to know his reasons for his vote its that simple. Id also like him to start playing more.

What spurge is ineffectively explaining to you is that I understand that early/joke/convo votes are part of the game, and should be done every game whether you're town or scum. Therefore, me doing this every game shouldn't demand an HOS, nor would I feel very confident in your town-allegiance if you were to remove your HOS simply because you learned my reason or if I started playing more. It's coming off as very wishy washy.

Around the Network

tbh, my initial thoughts on this game are:
mafia: trunks and linkz
trunks and spurge
spurge and linkz
Possible mafia: zero
Leaning town on mrP
good town feeling on xander

Here's my initial reaction to things:
Spurge appears a bit odd to me. He's following with his usual town-style, which generally comes off as a bit over-the-top and miscommunication. His mafia, in my experience, is much more focused questioning. However, I am also keeping an eye on his and trucks possible link. Spurge is also the kind of person to slightly push his own suspicions onto teammates as mafia. It also seems to me that if Spurge actually wanted to test Trucks (since "trucks cracks under pressure") he shouldn't have said anything, because now a mafia trucks would be alerted to that.
I also don't like his "hos, fos, votes all just....create discussion" comes off as a mafia trying to figure out why the townies are voting each other.

Trucks I could maybe, possibly see as mafia, but really only because of the association I see with spurge. I really don't think any of these guys are mafia for real, but I'm just keeping tabs on what looks like possible associations and partnerships. I don't think Trucks "bait" discussion has any real merit to be under such scrutiny, seems like a bit of an overreaction from Linkz.

Linkz, I'm not sure about either. I think I've only ever seen him as mafia once, and I think he cracked pretty easily. Linkz town play has a pretty strong tell, and from the looks of it, he's doing the same thing in this game. It's just that a few of his criticisms seem a bit overly critical, as mentioned above with the bait talk. Additionally, I'm finding myself a bit town-linkz biased because I haven't seen him in forever and would hate for him to actually be mafia, so it's possible I'm being overly critical as well.

So, to summarize your last 3 posts:
Prof thinks I'm playing differently, but I'm clearly not, so prof is lying.
Prof makes some points I won't address because there is no HoS.
Prof could be mafia again because stefl "hand-picked him"
Prof and MrP both think my behavior is weird for pointing something out, therefore they are wrong.
I think MrP and Prof are the mafia.

Now, which of that narcissistic ranting do you actually want me to address? If I were you, I'd just let it go.

zero129 said:
Mr.Playstation said:

I wonder why you're the one getting targeted then.

How exactly am i getting targeted?. Are you trying to target me or something?. This a slip from you?.

Well Trucks totally skipped my comment asking why prof voted for Xander (Which BTW I posted before you did) and only mentioned you. This was also noticed by Linkz, quoted below:

"Also, Mr.Playstation basically beat zero to the punch on questioning my vote as well as the follow-up for my far-fetched reasoning, but gets no mention from you."

I'm not pointing my finger at you, just wondering why Iwasn't worth a mention when I said the same thing before you. Is trucks trying to put the blame on you ( and hence in turn not make you a suspect? )

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Around the Network

Lots of discussion, but no changes to Votes

Votals:

Player L-3 L-2 L-1 Lynch
XanderXT prof

TruckOSaurus linkz      

Votestory:

prof votes xander
linkz votes xander
linkz unvotes xander
linkz votes trucks

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

theprof00 said:
hey guys sorry, Like I said, weekend starts are the worst for me. I usually play at work because when I'm home I zone out and just play video games, or hang out with my gf.

But yeah the vote was just to start some conversation, see how people would react. I had to pick someone, and xander being the person that caused my loss last game was a perfect revenge vote. Surprised nobody picked up on that except for xander himself.

I don't like zero's enthusiastic participation, it's coming off as wild and a parody of his town play

What would you say is different about his play style from is usual self? From what I read so far, his behavior seems up to par with how he normally acts.

Signature goes here!

zero129 said:
theprof00 said:
Spurge appears a bit odd to me. He's following with his usual town-style, which generally comes off as a bit over-the-top and miscommunication. His mafia, in my experience, is much more focused questioning. However, I am also keeping an eye on his and trucks possible link. Spurge is also the kind of person to slightly push his own suspicions onto teammates as mafia. It also seems to me that if Spurge actually wanted to test Trucks (since "trucks cracks under pressure") he shouldn't have said anything, because now a mafia trucks would be alerted to that.
I also don't like his "hos, fos, votes all just....create discussion" comes off as a mafia trying to figure out why the townies are voting each other.

Trucks I could maybe, possibly see as mafia, but really only because of the association I see with spurge. I really don't think any of these guys are mafia for real, but I'm just keeping tabs on what looks like possible associations and partnerships. I don't think Trucks "bait" discussion has any real merit to be under such scrutiny, seems like a bit of an overreaction from Linkz.

Linkz, I'm not sure about either. I think I've only ever seen him as mafia once, and I think he cracked pretty easily. Linkz town play has a pretty strong tell, and from the looks of it, he's doing the same thing in this game. It's just that a few of his criticisms seem a bit overly critical, as mentioned above with the bait talk. Additionally, I'm finding myself a bit town-linkz biased because I haven't seen him in forever and would hate for him to actually be mafia, so it's possible I'm being overly critical as well.

This whole post to me just seems like you trying to add in but in the main time trying to HoS everyone in your post without doing the HoS.

However i have no tell yet on if your mafia or town its hard to say with you and i told you that also last game.

However im not sure of the odds of you being mafia again. Your such a good player maybe our host picked you along with another newish player as mafia.

I fins it very odd both you and Mr.P decided to target me for simply asking about the vote on Xander, and i also do believe we have 2 mafia this game.

The odds of him being Mafia are the same as everyone else in this game. Hosts always hand out roles at random.

Signature goes here!

Mr.Playstation said:
zero129 said:

How exactly am i getting targeted?. Are you trying to target me or something?. This a slip from you?.

Well Trucks totally skipped my comment asking why prof voted for Xander (Which BTW I posted before you did) and only mentioned you. This was also noticed by Linkz, quoted below:

"Also, Mr.Playstation basically beat zero to the punch on questioning my vote as well as the follow-up for my far-fetched reasoning, but gets no mention from you."

I'm not pointing my finger at you, just wondering why Iwasn't worth a mention when I said the same thing before you. Is trucks trying to put the blame on you ( and hence in turn not make you a suspect? )

I gave my thoughts after reading the first few posts and what I noticed the most was the back and forth between Linkz and zero, that's why they were the only ones mentionned in my post.

Signature goes here!

theprof00 said:
Linkzmax said:

I gave my reason. Such shadiness in the sign-up thread! Getting an early town vibe from you though, so that is nice.

I'm certainly not. It's such a throwaway post, and I'm honestly surprised you said this.

It is a throwaway post, as have been most of the other ones. I didn't have a town vibe due to the content, but either a poor recollection of zero's townplay or a fine recollection of zero's poor townplay. The post wasn't a "Aha, good find" type of post, and while the dreaded HOSes were far too easy to dole out, it felt genuine to me. Since then he's been very self-centered, getting defensive when mentioned, and following it up by linking the person to one of us. It's easier to be sincere on the defensive when scum, but I don't think the logic of tying people together would be there.

theprof00 said:
Spurge appears a bit odd to me. He's following with his usual town-style, which generally comes off as a bit over-the-top and miscommunication. His mafia, in my experience, is much more focused questioning. However, I am also keeping an eye on his and trucks possible link. Spurge is also the kind of person to slightly push his own suspicions onto teammates as mafia. It also seems to me that if Spurge actually wanted to test Trucks (since "trucks cracks under pressure") he shouldn't have said anything, because now a mafia trucks would be alerted to that.

I remember being fooled by a mafia spurge because he copied his seemingly randomn town play perfectly once. Don't remember focused questioning as either town or mafia, but it's been too long to say it's never happened.(plus I missed a couple of games)

I see a different possibility of a link between spurge and Trucks. A scum spurge throws that line out, since town Trucks won't actually crack and thus no pressure is needed to begin with.

It may well be an overreaction by me, clouded by thinking zero is town. Trucks reaction is zero is in some way following my lead of trying to get conversation going, which makes him think we are both town. Scum don't have a problem with conversation, they just generally want it directed away from them. So zero latching onto the two early votes for Xander could easily be directing the conversation away from himself and teammate.

You've likely seen me as mafia more than that, but I think I've only cracked after a claim or a brilliantly stupid fakeclaim by hat. Anyway, I'm more wondering if you were going to give reasoning as to a link between your third pairing of scum, namely spurge and I.