By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 73 Game Thread - Is that you, Archer?

I already quoted xander so he should be getting a blue box, but again I'll bring him up because I want to know what he thinks about this whole situation of cop and trucks etc.

Around the Network

Maybe if you actually thought zero as an intellectual equal, you would note that he may be seeing things differently with the info he knows:

day ends no kill, mafia kills someone tonight, Cop gets scan we Enter tomorrow with one less player (Instead of two) leaving 6 members 4 town and still just 2 mafia but hopefully our cop would of got a lead so we could have some good info plus the game is still in towns favor." - Zero ( A 100-200 posts )

No one whoose a retard can say this so far back and follow through with it 100%. 

However I do find it weird how he voted for Xander yet scanned Trucks. This is his explanation:

Trucks and Mr.P where both the most voted for players up for lynch yesterday so i decided to scan trucks since i didnt know if spurges suspicions where right about how his play style was scummy or if trucks was telling the truth and that really was how he acted on day 1.

Also his quick placement of a vote on MR.P made my highly suspicius of him.

And no this isnt a fake claim im the town cop and my name is Sterling Malory Archer ."

The above statement though, does have 1 innacuracy though. It was a three way tie between me, Trucks and Xander. I assumed he would know that since he voted Xander ( Giving Xander his second vote) even though he had the power to eliminate either me or trucks. It's also quite weird, since all of this shouldn't have stopped him from voting for trucks yesterday, though I guess he might have been wary of losing a strong town player (If Trucks isn't guilty). He did follow his plan perfectly though, and by voting someone he made it seem like he's helping out even though in reality he just turned it into a three way vote.

Tl;dr: He voted Xander so to tie up the game while looking as if he's doing something. He didn't vote for Trucks because if he turned out town (i.e not guilty on his cop reading) it would mean that a good town player would have been lost.

Both you and Zero have your faults, though it might just be because you both have two totally different outlooks depending on what your role is.

Any thoughts?

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Good post, seems a lot of thought went into it. Thank you.
I saw that post, which was my first clue that zero was softclaiming cop. First, no, I do not find that intelligent to do, because it just makes him a target.
But, because I always take all circumstances into thought, I did see him possibly arguing for more days (fewer lynches) because it does indeed give his role the biggest usefulness were we to get a mafia scan.
However, as trucks said, cop is extremely overpowered in this game. No roleblocker? No strongman or ninja?
Additionally there is the problem of the nonflip on linkz. We didn't see a role, which means we are either playing a game of blind mafia, or the mafia have a janitor. (a janitor removes the info from the mafia kill)

Secondly it's incredibly stupid to softclaiming cop on day 1. It almost guarantees you will either be killed or blocked. Which makes it hard to believe that neither of those things happened and he got off a scan.

Although I'm just going to put it out there that I agree with his reasoning that he could have just voted someone out and town would've been none the wiser.
Mafia zero had no reason not to vote for someone. But, just because he didn't do something a mafia could've done, it doesn't mean I will automatically believe he is town or cop.

My current thoughts so far is that I'm not sure I can trust zero. There are a couple problems. Zero is not dead, nor was he blocked. He acted in a way that makes sense for a cop (a stupid cop), but he's also an overpowered role that probably shouldn't exist.
Now, last game we had 1 mafia and 5 town, which was pretty hard for me. This game is most likely 2 mafia 5 town, which favors mafia. A cop getting a guilty scan potentially makes the game 1 mafia 5 town, but additionally gives town a confirmed town claim, which would be even harder for mafia.

It's just hard for me to believe that there is a cop and no counter role on mafia.

Oh, and also, despite all this, trucks defense of himself is pretty weak. Trucks not defending himself properly gives me concern, because his rebuttals boil down to "its unfair", not, "you are wrong".

Around the Network

Lastly, because this is possibly the last day, I'd like to see some name claims from everyone.
I'm ron cadillac

The simplest solution zero, is that I know what I'm doing and you don't. I'm town, and I know how to play. That is why you don't understand. Your post above is again full of misreads, and mislogic, and just plain mistakes. I'm not even going to bother talking to you until the end of the game, when everyone can chime in on your misjudgement.

PS: Just because I said I'm not going to talk to you doesn't mean I'm not going to stop talking ABOUT you.

zero129 said:
theprof00 said:
Also @retard
You make no sense. Why would I switch my vote from the person I suspected the most? Sure trucks is plausibly scum, but why would I just switch?
Secondly I would've lynched anyone given enough argument, just to make sure we got a lynch, and sure it might very been on trucks. The problem is, steel said 48 hours and then ended the day at 30 hours. I thought there was time. You on the other hand were here to see steel say 3 hours left, you had an unpacked vote, there was already a tie between mrp and trucks and you even voted, but not for anyone who would get lynched. You literally had the deciding vote. Everyone can see that, only you dont.

But what arguments did you have for pushing Mr.P over trucks?, in fact id like to hear why you where pushing so hard for Mr.P yesterday and still believe him to be mafia today. Is it that you seen Mr.P as an easier target?.

Or you can just reread the part yesterday where I started talking to mrP, and read everyone's reactions to his posts. Bye

theprof00 said:
zero129 said:

But what arguments did you have for pushing Mr.P over trucks?, in fact id like to hear why you where pushing so hard for Mr.P yesterday and still believe him to be mafia today. Is it that you seen Mr.P as an easier target?.

Or you can just reread the part yesterday where I started talking to mrP, and read everyone's reactions to his posts. Bye

What reactions? I still don't know why it's a strange post. It was a fast post written by me to analyse the situation. Why are you not giving me anwers? My name is Woodhouse btw.

I don't find it too hard to believe that there is a cop role in this game. Sure it may be OP but that's only if it is used succesfully. As Spurge mentioned there's a whole psychological perspective to this. If no one believes Zero (no matter how OP his power is) it would all go to waste. I'm leaning on joining Zero and voting for Trucks, his reaction (Zero's) is just too accurate when you take into account the role he's claimed.