By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - September 2016 NPD Thread! XBO #1; PS4 Slim flops

Definitely a larger gap than I expected. Still, at this month's rate it'll take a little less than 3 years for the XBO to pass the PS4. Next month, I expect the gap to be similar, most likely less. In Nov, I think a $249 BF PS4 Slim + Pro will result in a gap of 150K-200K in the PS4's favor, possibly more.

Around the Network

i really think people are donwplaying the ps4 pro, that thing will destroy the xbox in numbers, it will be like a relaunch of the ps4 platform, the most intersting month will be december because that's the first month where the ps4 pro will be on sale the whole month, till then xbox can win oct and nov, it means nothing, ps4 still won world wide every month since release

aLkaLiNE said:
wedemboyz said:

Just to put it into perspective.
Driveclub sold 42k units frist month NPD

the only "big" first party game release that month

If you want to put it into perspective then you wouldn't be comparing an established franchise with over 7 entries to a brand new IP marred with connectivity issues at launch that also got utterly destroyed by critics. So, if you want to put things into perspective, how about comparing another first party game from an established franchise that had its own month of no conpetition from any first party title?

All I asked was, wasn't FH3 the only first party exclusive that launched that month? That tweet is completely redundant if so

The only first party games that launched were recore, fh3.

Kerotan said:
poklane said:

PS3 = 40.900 (54.3% up YoY)
WiiU = 36.300 (58.9% down YoY)
https://twitter.com/AstronautClaire

jeez

Crazy to think when the Wii was dominating the ps3 that not only would the ps3 last much longer it would also outsell the Wii U, it's successor,  in its final year.  Crazy. 

poklane said:

I have the gap at 1.607mil using numbers from all the NPD threads on this website, but due to those numbers being rounded to the nearest thousand (for example 332.800 = 333k and 285.300 = 285k) and based on % increases it could be off by a few thousand.

Holy shit the 3 month win streak barely dented it's lead.  Come November it will be growing again. 

barneystinson69 said:

Why would I? This is the US we're talking about, not Japan.

If Microsoft can bring up other regions in their NPD pr then so can we. I don't see you giving out about microsft not sticking to the US. 

Who said what Microsoft released was NPD pr? This is a US NPD thread though, and thus should relate to US sales. If they add that little point in, its great. But trying to add a jab that the PS4 is doing better than the XB1 in Japan (like this isn't a given) seems to just be trying to derail the thread.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Isn't this the XB1s best non-holiday month?

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
jason1637 said:
Isn't this the XB1s best non-holiday month?

April 2015, July 2016, and August 2016 are the three non-holiday months (other than september).

I can't remember the sales for any of those months though.

Oct 2015 it did like 301k or something so i think this might be unless I'm missing something. 

barneystinson69 said:
Kerotan said:

Crazy to think when the Wii was dominating the ps3 that not only would the ps3 last much longer it would also outsell the Wii U, it's successor,  in its final year.  Crazy. 

Holy shit the 3 month win streak barely dented it's lead.  Come November it will be growing again. 

If Microsoft can bring up other regions in their NPD pr then so can we. I don't see you giving out about microsft not sticking to the US. 

Who said what Microsoft released was NPD pr? This is a US NPD thread though, and thus should relate to US sales. If they add that little point in, its great. But trying to add a jab that the PS4 is doing better than the XB1 in Japan (like this isn't a given) seems to just be trying to derail the thread.

Lol come on.  Japan is being used to put things into perspective.  To show in the grand scheme of things just how futile these NPD victories are these days.  In the last 4 weeks ps4 outsold xbox in Japan by ~210k. 

4 times the lead the xbox got in a month in America. Incredible stat.  

Kerotan said:
barneystinson69 said:

Lol come on.  Japan is being used to put things into perspective.  To show in the grand scheme of things just how futile these NPD victories are these days.  In the last 4 weeks ps4 outsold xbox in Japan by ~210k. 

4 times the lead the xbox got in a month in America. Incredible stat.  

Well its good to see the Xbox One doing well. A 50k difference is a decent gap, especially with these numbers.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Japan doesn't buy the Xbox; North America doesn't purchase the Vita.

primetime said:

i really think people are donwplaying the ps4 pro, that thing will destroy the xbox in numbers, it will be like a relaunch of the ps4 platform, the most intersting month will be december because that's the first month where the ps4 pro will be on sale the whole month, till then xbox can win oct and nov, it means nothing, ps4 still won world wide every month since release

Easily, hasn't even launched yet already in Amazon's top 100 for 2016. It's also launching in the busiest month of the year. PS4 Pro sales alone will erase any dent XB1 S has put in US sales.