By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - September 2016 NPD Thread! XBO #1; PS4 Slim flops

barneystinson69 said:
Kerotan said:
I'm delighted they're winning these off season months if anything for crapgamerreviews reactions. That guys on a real high right now. November will be funny when the gap is massively extended in the favor of the ps4 pro which no doubt many would be slim buyers are holding out for.

So now this is the off season? I thought that the holidays didn't matter, and Microsoft needed to try winning more of the year...

It was a joke.  Remember Microsoft used to pretend only November and December counted?  It's funny seeing them suddenly take the "off season" seriously!  

Anyway Sony going to win big in November and December unless Microsoft offer insane deals.  2016 as a year will be a big overall win for ps4 in America. 

Around the Network

Xbox starting a run here maybe? I can see it happening, especially with the whole 4K UHD bluray thing.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

PS4 and XB1 still keeping it close month by month. As I said last month, if XB1 keeps selling on par with PS4 then the XB1 is guaranteed success. 35m PS4 LTD in US likely means >30m XB1 LTD in US. That is enough to keep MS console business afloat.

Curious question though,how many times did the xbox one win worldwide?

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

xl-klaudkil said:

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here lol!  If you're talking months possibly never.  Weeks,  a handful...  Maybe. 

Around the Network

Have we got any indication of actual numbers yet?

The PS5 Exists. 

xl-klaudkil said:

It doesn't really matter. Xbox only needs to be relevant in the USA, UK and a handful of other markets for Team Xbox to continue to argue with the rest of MS that Xbox is worth keeping around. Things were looking dire for Xbox when PS4 was smacking it around on it's home turf. Not PS4 is no longer doing that the Xbox team can relax and be prety confident they all still have jobs for a few more years at least.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

I'm a Sony guy but even I must say Microsoft deserves this one. Stripping out the optical port on the Slim and not including a UHD blu ray drive in the Pro was really disappointing. Even not including a UHD drive in the Slim disappointed me but I thought that it would be in the Pro as a selling feature. Hopefully this lights a fire under Sony as I feel they were getting a bit too comfortable in the last 12 months.

Guitarguy said:
I'm a Sony guy but even I must say Microsoft deserves this one. Stripping out the optical port on the Slim and not including a UHD blu ray drive in the Pro was really disappointing. Even not including a UHD drive in the Slim disappointed me but I thought that it would be in the Pro as a selling feature. Hopefully this lights a fire under Sony as I feel they were getting a bit too comfortable in the last 12 months.

Sony are just fine. The XB1 got a bump because of bargains with the XB1 and the PS4 slumped a little because of people waiting for the Pro. Any sales lost this month will be added to next month. It's that simple.

The PS5 Exists. 

Just like I expected, PS4 Pro impact in the Us is huge and will eat up all current ps4 sales making XBO win the month thanks to crasy deals. This will most likely happened again this month if the PSVR impact isn't big enough considering microsoft will bring another "black Friday"-deal by the end of this month

Gundam Extrem VS FORCE!!!                                            The KING Of Fighting Games is BACK #SFV   

Gaming consoles owned so far:-NES,- GB Advenced, -PS3,-XBOX360,- PS VITA, PS4!   PC: @i5 4570,GTX960 Factory Overclock

Make your own youtube channel to keep memories of your live gaming expirience

Official PSVita Thread!                                   Freedom Wars Threads!!                                COMG! Japan Pre-order chart