By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - September 2016 NPD Thread! XBO #1; PS4 Slim flops

looks like most people who are getting Sony console waiting for PS4Pro??

Around the Network

I'm delighted they're winning these off season months if anything for crapgamerreviews reactions. That guys on a real high right now. November will be funny when the gap is massively extended in the favor of the ps4 pro which no doubt many would be slim buyers are holding out for.

Wright said:
Aura7541 said:

We do have to consider that the PS3 and 360 didn't release at the same time while the PS4 and XB1 only released within a week of each other in the US.

Well, let's give it more time then.

Sure thing. The XB1 has definitely turned this into a more interesting match.

I don't really see Scorpio getting games the standard XBO wouldn't get because Scorpio userbase will be much smaller. Well, except VR games and maybe a few games like Star Citizen because they can only run on Scorpio..

But when we get the next Xbox (or whatever MS will call the console after Scorpio) then I guess we will see games releasing only on that next Xbox and Scorpio after a while.

Kerotan said:
I'm delighted they're winning these off season months if anything for crapgamerreviews reactions. That guys on a real high right now. November will be funny when the gap is massively extended in the favor of the ps4 pro which no doubt many would be slim buyers are holding out for.

So now this is the off season? I thought that the holidays didn't matter, and Microsoft needed to try winning more of the year...

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network
Jranation said:
binary solo said:

Not correct. VR games will only work on Scorpio, sinve Xb one does not support VR.

But the fact remains. Scorpio WILL have games that can't be played on Xb one. Therefore they have extensive game cross over, but they do not have identical game libraries. This is different to the stated position for Sony which is that all games will work on all PS4 skus, no exception. The one advantage of going with a proprietary VR rather than compatibility with 3rd party VR.

Basically like the 3DS and the New 3DS?

I dunno, other than being a higher spec'd console was there some gadget for N3DS that could not be used on 3DS? In theory any N3DS exclusive game could be ported down to 3DS without any fundamental changes. But if you port a VR game from Scorpio to Xb one yoiu have to completely remove the VR element around which the game was designed and which was meant to be central to the experience of the game.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

barneystinson69 said:
Kerotan said:

So now this is the off season? I thought that the holidays didn't matter, and Microsoft needed to try winning more of the year...

Yeah, but if you only win Aug-Oct but lose Nov and Dec then you're worse off relative to previous years. So not a very good trade off. Still, if MS also wins Nov and Dec then it's going to be a great year for Xbox in the USA as it's likely hey will actually be the best selling console for 2016. I do expect PS4Pro to head that off at the pass though.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:

Yeah, but if you only win Aug-Oct but lose Nov and Dec then you're worse off relative to previous years. So not a very good trade off. Still, if MS also wins Nov and Dec then it's going to be a great year for Xbox in the USA as it's likely hey will actually be the best selling console for 2016. I do expect PS4Pro to head that off at the pass though.

I honestly can't see them winning November, December maybe. I'm sure they have plenty of stock of old XB1 they can sell for ridiculous low prices. 

Anyone kept count on how many times X1 won this year? I know they won 3 in a row. Not sure about the other months.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Gongratz to Microsoft but whas to be expected, pro is taking away slim sales and @299 thevl slim is to expensive.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil