By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The NX is honestly beginning to stress me out... A LOT.

I just gave up.

...but not before Nintendo gave up on the Wii U lol

Around the Network
Turkish said:

LOL I didnt know there were people anticipating an imminent reveal everyday for the past few months, damn bruhh, I feel sorry for you guys. Do you guys wake up and start every single day hoping Nintendo finally threw you a bone or something, some people are way too invested in this. Chill down man.

The NX has been at the back of my mind forever. Even though I will likely get it day 1. Me not caring about it has done my health good it seems, lol.

Ever since September passed, I knew NX wasn't gonna be announced this year.

By December they will officially delay it and announce that they're officially announcing it in March 2017...

There's a difference between not being able to show it vs. not willing to show it.

The corner NX is in -- it has to be revealed in a thorough, yet concise and clear way. It's not enough that Nintendo has a new console, they have to have to demonstrate they won't make the same mistakes as WiiU. Simple things you take as a given with a new Xbox or PS console (e.g. voice chat, 3rd party support) Nintendo has to cover in the reveal or they'll leave room for doubt.

Look at the initial WiiU reveal -- the reveal had various "Do ____ with the new controller..." phrases that forever gave millions the impression this was an add-on, not a console. When you consider the features of the Wii & WiiU MIA at launch and throughout it's lifecycle, there's a deficit of what people expect out of a Nintendo console that needs to be overcome with the NX.

As strictly a game-playing device- I think NX is ready to be shown. But I think Nintendo has sat on it because they're still working out finer points of the OS and waiting for a collection of select 3rd party ports to emerge into alpha builds. 

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016