By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Recore only sold 56,733 units in its first week.

Well, that certainly goes against Phill Spencer narrative of good sales.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Sad. I didn't expect it to sell good anyway, but not even 100k first week...

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

axumblade said:
JRPGfan said:

I honestly dont think reviewers give scores based on costs. Not sure if they should either.

Its up to the consumer if they want to buy a game at certain costs.

To be honest, the issues people were having were the same issues that people have with Bethesda games that somehow garner high reviews despite having a lot of glitches and long loading times. Things easily passed off because it was a known fact Bethesda would fix the problem. 

Thats another thing... there shouldnt be any free passes. Reguardless of who, or if you expect them to patch things down the road.

barneystinson69 said:
Captain_Yuri said:
In order for new IPs to produce decent sales, it must great great reviews. ReCore didnt so...

Its reviews were too harsh, especially for a $40 game. It was treated as if it had launched at $60, and unfairly so. 

What does that mean? Did reviews say the game didn't offer a good value for the money?

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Tmfwang said:
Captain_Yuri said:

In order for new IPs to produce decent sales, it must have great reviews. ReCore didnt so...

Destiny says hello

Neh, there are some exceptions to every rule and Destiny certainly didnt get a bad score but granted it wasnt great either.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

I think the game worth a 75 tough, kinda sad, but japanese style + bad rewiew on xbox, no TV ads...  you can't hope for much.

On side tough, all game from Inafune is exclu on xbox & don't work very well, maybe its time to try on ps side ^^

according to VGChartz*

so, useless information.

Bad reviews + basically no marketing from MS = game doesnt sell.

Its not that surpriseing, but that is a lower number than I expected.

It looks very arcadie. Hitting 1m would have been a great LT target, but something a little above 500k looked more reasonable. 

People are suggesting MS should have marketed it more, but this doesn't look like a big budget game. Even if it was put before the superbowl its sales wouldn't be drastically different. With these titles you've got to very selective with ad placements and be careful you don't market it into unprofitability. 

Tmfwang said:
Captain_Yuri said:

In order for new IPs to produce decent sales, it must have great reviews. ReCore didnt so...

Destiny says hello

Destiny is a multiplataform that had a budget of over 500 millions and was developed by Bungie and Activision. Just the name of those 2 already sells millions of units.