By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Predict: Will GTA V get PS4 Pro Support?

Will GTA V get a Pro patch?

Yes 53 59.55%

No 24 26.97%

Results 12 13.48%

Total:89

So GTA V is the biggest game on consoles.  It's still being bought in its droves.  Obviously Sony would like a pro patch.  4k @30fps and 1080p with ultra graphics. But will it happen?  Are rockstar bothered?  Answer the poll above and leave a comment below.  

On a side note does anybody know about this.  Sony don't want online games getting patched to 60fps if they're 30fps on the regular ps4. But are pro devs allowed to improve the graphics online?  So still 30fps but they could make it 4k online or 1080p online with big graphical improvements.  Anybody know? 

Around the Network

It certainly could happen but I would rather have them working on their new game and have that be ps4pro ready instead

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I hope it does, but I'm not betting on it. Still, after I saw Eurogamer playing the game on their Neo mock-up a few months ago at 1440p at nearly 60 frames, I've been keeping my fingers crossed that we eventually get it. 

I honestly don't think so. Considering the amount of GTA Online DLC that gets released every few months, they'd need to hire another team just to make a patch.

XanderXT said:
I honestly don't think so. Considering the amount of GTA Online DLC that gets released every few months, they'd need to hire another team just to make a patch.

Yeah the amount of free dlc is crazy. 

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
XanderXT said:

Yep. There's so much DLC, that most of my friends items are from DLC. Not what was in the original game. Either they stop making DLC, or hire another team in order to make a patch.

I think they'll stabilize the framerate and call it a day.

XanderXT said:
Kerotan said:

Yep. There's so much DLC, that most of my friends items are from DLC. Not what was in the original game. Either they stop making DLC, or hire another team in order to make a patch.

Considering its such an important game to PlayStation and Sony wants to sell the Pro,  would it make sense for Sony to assist them patch it either financially or prove some man power? That's assuming rockstar didn't want to do it.  

But if they did it would lead to a small but notable increase in gta V sales so it would definitely be worth rockstars time. 

RS Loves money so yes

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

It'll be too hard to do a patch!.... Well honestly I'd like Sixty fps and I'll be happy. But honestly I think they'll only have a constant frame rate and thats it.